Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 07:37 PM

the "look"

I'm not a pass remarkable person, but there are just some looks you don't like to see on people. I'd never tell them personally because I'd never offend them, but there are some things I don't like to see and when I see people like it I cringe, for them. I've seen people laughing and making snidey remarks.

I'd love if I wore something that didn't suit me or I looked ridiculous in, for someone to tell me so.

I don't like seeing men with combed over hair to hide baldness. I feel for them and especially when the wind blows.

I hate to see middle aged women in short skirts who look like mutton dressed as lamb. Although I'd love to have great legs - maybe I'm jealous
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 07:44 PM

Re: the "look"

I'm not keen on the Bet Lynch look either .......
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 07:48 PM

I've never quite gotten the youngsters with the jeans hanging off the backside look. I've a son who does it, but why?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 07:54 PM

Well I have my own look and I don't give a dam what anyone else thinks

Having spent the last 15 years of my working life as a 'matron' in a boarding school I have kept 'the matron look' that is long elegant skirts and sensible shoes .
Although I retired some years ago I am far too thrifty to let the good clothes go to waste when I can still fit in them .
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 08:14 PM

Another look I cannot understand is some young folk wearing 'ripped' jeans. Why on earth do they think this is trendy?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-07-2014, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well I have my own look and I don't give a dam what anyone else thinks

Having spent the last 15 years of my working life as a 'matron' in a boarding school I have kept 'the matron look' that is long elegant skirts and sensible shoes .
Although I retired some years ago I am far too thrifty to let the good clothes go to waste when I can still fit in them .
Meg the long elegant look sounds lovely to me. Sounds very feminine.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Stella my sons have worn ripped jeans. So have i, but it's when they've burst at the backside when I sit down lol
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

29-07-2014, 08:28 PM

I have a friend in her 30's, who is gorgeous, and she believes in always wearing classical clothes and doesn't believe in showing too much. She has a beautiful figure and dresses to really suit her. She's one of these people who co-ordinate perfectly. Although I must add I like to colour co-ordinate myself.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2014, 08:29 PM

Alice! Know what you mean.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2014, 06:46 AM

Ive perfected the Crumpled look.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top