Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Socks

What has happened to socks? I, and many of my friends, have bought our socks from Primark since they first opened here. I have socks that are 4 years old and still in good condition, these were bought when Primark first opened. However this year, well starting late last year, all new socks purchased from Primark have barely lasted one day´s wearing. Take them off and they have holes in the toe part. My toe nails are kept very short but even a day spent wearing slippers produces the same result. Friends who also buy socks from Primark are saying the same thing, wear the socks once and they are finished. If they lasted a few washes I wouldn´t mind but they don´t even make it to the first wash these days. I´ve never bought so many socks during winter time before, either for myself or for Mr Clumsy.
At this rate I will be sockless and bankrupt
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:18 AM

Re: Socks

Think you might have to go to another shop
You could also take them back. I bet you wont be the first
by the sound of it. No socks should have holes in them with
one wear. Seems like a issue Primark need to sort out.
Go for it
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:31 AM

I buy socks from ebay, I have about 4 sellers who do some lovely colours and styles for everyday socks then I go to our local walking shop for serious walking ones which last years but are very much more expensive.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:45 AM

They have obviously changed supplier Loretta - very annoying for the customer that has been happy and now has to shop elsewhere.
I'm finding the same problem with knickers, usually buy multipacks which have served me well in the past, now - you get one wear !!!
Have to look in Marks next week .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:52 AM

Can't beat sloggi knickers they do various styles but all really well made and last ages..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Never bought anything in Primark , 'buy cheap by twice' as they say .
I have some thick socks bought in Marks the year of the foot and mouth disease 2001 to take to Wales on holiday . They are still occasionally in use .

These days I usually buy the big packs of cotton socks with different colored feet from Marks and they last ages if Chloe doesn't get them
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:13 AM

Go on clumsy sock it to them.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 11:18 AM

I've never had a problem with Primark stuff before, although I only tend to buy long sleeved stretch tee shirts, socks and homeware goods, which I find excellent. I am most definitely going to let them know about their socks though. The old ones are still going strong, no new ones left now, all have been binned.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I've never had a problem with Primark stuff before, although I only tend to buy long sleeved stretch tee shirts, socks and homeware goods, which I find excellent. I am most definitely going to let them know about their socks though. The old ones are still going strong, no new ones left now, all have been binned.
I made a complaint to Primark years ago, wrote to the Head Office and they were smashing in their reply ......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Can't beat sloggi knickers they do various styles but all really well made and last ages..
I have always purchased Sloggi - then I couldn't get the pastel shades so opted for others, just had a look on Marks website, they have some nice packs so will give them a go ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top