Join for free
Page 12 of 52 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 09:38 PM

Re: The insomniacs thread

Brilliant video, they are real beauties, very clear when they speak....Love parrots...How does Loki get on with them??
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:45 PM

Glad you all liked the clip!! Hope Soochie's "colourful" language didn't offend!! Wonder where she heard that!!

Aye, Nero, the guild auld Glesca accent - nothin' tae beat it, is there Soochie could do the "Parliamo Glesca" nae bother at a'

Never a dull moment in here. Some people ask me if I ever feel lonely being on my own!! When I tell them no, my parrots keep me company (as well as Loki), they don't believe me until they hear Soochie blethering away ten to the dozen!!

When I am out and come back in, if it is dark, the first thing Soochie says is - "it's dark in here, put oan th' lights"!!

Oh Loki gets on very well with them - Soochie will ask Loki if she wants to play with her ball and Loki looks at Soochie with amazement and sometimes she has gone for her ball!! Or, Soochie will say going for walkies, and poor Loki trots to the door!!

However, I can't let Soochie and PJ out together - they hate each other!! World War 3 would break out if they were out together! One time they were out together, PJ went into Soochie's cage and Soochie didn't like that at all!! And a good time was had by all

Many thanks for your lovely comments

Take care

Rose
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Glad you all liked the clip!! Hope Soochie's "colourful" language didn't offend!! Wonder where she heard that!!

Aye, Nero, the guild auld Glesca accent - nothin' tae beat it, is there Soochie could do the "Parliamo Glesca" nae bother at a'

Never a dull moment in here. Some people ask me if I ever feel lonely being on my own!! When I tell them no, my parrots keep me company (as well as Loki), they don't believe me until they hear Soochie blethering away ten to the dozen!!

When I am out and come back in, if it is dark, the first thing Soochie says is - "it's dark in here, put oan th' lights"!!

Many thanks for your lovely comments

Take care

Rose
I'm sure I heard you giggling in that clip Rose.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Yes, probably was me - or it may have been PJ, she laughs out loud, especially when there is a funny program on - she laughs before the audience does!! With parrots, it is word association type of thing!!

PJ is good at imitating the telephone and the alarms set on my mobile go off - to remind me it is Loki's medication time - well, PJ copies that!! Talk about me getting confused!!

They are both very funny, Nero, each with their very own character! If I give Soochie a row, PJ joins in!! Or if I say to PJ to be quiet - Soochie, as you heard in the clip - tells her to shut up with a few more colourful words!!

Take care
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 10:55 PM

How old are they, Rose..... and how long has it taken to teach then to talk like that?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

08-10-2009, 11:12 PM

They have been know to live for 100 years, well African Greys can. My first African Grey, Peter, was 39 when he died in my hands. The trouble with the vets back then, they didn't know enough about exotic birds and when he took ill - the vet in Paisley gave him impregnated canary seeds!! I think the average age, if well looked after is about 50 years!!

I got PJ at the beginning of January 4 years ago and Soochie at the end of January 4 years ago, both were born at the end of November. Soochie only took a couple of weeks with me before she spoke, PJ could already say Hello! Soochie sings Rose, Rose, ah love ye and can recite "Wee Willie Winkie" and count up to 4 - she would do more if I taught her! Most of her words came from her listening to every single word I say, without me actually teaching her!!

PJ whistles and shouts Rose! Soochie overshadows her!!

There's never a dull moment!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 11:16 PM

How wonderful! Never a dull moment in your house then..

Are they sisters??
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

08-10-2009, 11:22 PM

No sorry, Soochie is an African Grey and PJ is a Panama Amazon. Soochie is grey with a lovely red tail, PJ has beautiful feathers, yellow on the top of her head, pink on the top part of her wings, navy blue and pink flight feathers and lovely different shades of green! PJ is chunkier than Soochie.

They hate each other but put up with each other, as long as they are in their cages. I can only let one out at a time!!

I love them to bits, as well as Loki
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2009, 11:47 PM

Rose you'll have to teach them "ahaarr Jim Awrrkins" and "pieces of eight, . . pieces of eight".
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland

08-10-2009, 11:53 PM

Aw Nero - that's a guid yin! I will try that! I am sure Soochie would pick that up - will let you know

Hope you are hail and hearty and all those lovely Rotties as well

Page 12 of 52 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top