Join for free
Page 51 of 52 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 >
Welsh Dragon
Monmouthshire
Welsh Dragon is female  Welsh Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 03:51 AM

Re: The insomniacs thread

Am I the first one up this morning?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon ->
Am I the first one up this morning?
No, I was up but not on the computer!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just popped in to see if anyone else was still awake .... but no, seems like you are all in the Land of Nod I'm sat here enjoying a nice cup of tea and a digestive biscuit, have completed a couple of sudoku puzzles and done the crossword......and still feel wide awake!

Any tips for getting to sleep will be most welcome!
Mags would you not try a light set of headphones and one of those 'Talking books', I find the Agatha Christie ones are well done and although I read all her books I always forget who done it (one of the benefits of age). They always put me out like a baby after an hour or so.
I only just read your post now and I'm off to bed feeling sort of guilty.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Mags would you not try a light set of headphones and one of those 'Talking books', I find the Agatha Christie ones are well done and although I read all her books I always forget who done it (one of the benefits of age). They always put me out like a baby after an hour or so.
I only just read your post now and I'm off to bed feeling sort of guilty.
Thanks for the suggestion Jemflux, it's worth a try
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 06:25 PM

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

05-03-2011, 06:54 PM

How I wish I could!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2011, 10:09 PM

Mags, I know we discussed those soothing sounds of surf CDs earlier (here or Catsey); did you ever try them?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

05-03-2011, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Mags, I know we discussed those soothing sounds of surf CDs earlier (here or Catsey); did you ever try them?
I did try them Eileen and I've also downloaded an ocean sound onto my iPad ....... it's very soothing but I'm afraid it doesn't help my sleeping.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2011, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I did try them Eileen and I've also downloaded an ocean sound onto my iPad ....... it's very soothing but I'm afraid it doesn't help my sleeping.

Eileen, just sit back, relax, close your eyes and think of the wonderful places that you would like to be and listen to:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDVFaheqQAg
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 11:40 PM

Oh my . . is that the time ? . . . what a day . . . time to hit the hay . . . I bet those pidgeons will be cooing at dawn in 4 hours . . . it's like a competition with them . . one sits outside my window and another 2 doors down calls back, it goes on for hours.

It's good to be back folks, I shall now soddoff, so sleep tight offers, sweet dreams.

Page 51 of 52 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top