Join for free
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:54 PM

Re: Had enough of the UK

I understand how you all feel, round here it is like living in a foreign country with all the jabbering. Makes me feel slightly ill at ease TBH & I an not a cowardly person by any means . They are taking over.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 07:59 PM

I am not going anywhere I love this beautiful country (warts and all) and I am optimistic for the future once we shake off the shackles of the EU .
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:03 PM

That Talking Heads song

Don't Worry About the Government

changed my life.

Then I joined this site to escape assorted brexiters and manic depressants. Look where it got me.

fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
My wife is Portuguese, and for 20 years we dreamed about retiring there. Then in 2001 at the age of 50 our opportunity arrived early. We went for it, but lasted just 5 years. Ms d00d loves London every bit as much as I do, we lost about £200k in property snakes & ladders. We don't regret doing it, we are pleased to be back.

I don't understand your reasons for wanting to go, but of course your lover wants you to get out more . Sorry, you want to know all about her origins.

I thought this was to be another Brexit thread. I don't believe that anyone on this over 50 site will live long enough to see GB recover from it, but that doesn't mean the grass is greener for most of us poor souls.

I came back for the nhs to save me, and they did!
Sry,

That appears a bit kryptic to me..

I understand her origins and have been to Slovakia a number of times.

My reasons for wanting to leave are clear to me.
I'm sick to death of the PC Government, the constant appeasing of minorities whilst ignoring the majority, along with our crime rates & pathetic useless police.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I understand how you all feel, round here it is like living in a foreign country with all the jabbering. Makes me feel slightly ill at ease TBH & I an not a cowardly person by any means . They are taking over.
Its the same where I live Apricot. I do wonder if the people who defend the muslims are people who don't live in such a heavily muslim populated area such as us. People I speak to in my region are becoming really fed up about it.

The town I live is is only small and there are 12 mosques. A town 5 minutes from me there are 31 mosques. Just 15 minutes away in Bradford there are over 100. These figures are probably not even up to date.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Sry,

That appears a bit kryptic to me..

I understand her origins and have been to Slovakia a number of times.

My reasons for wanting to leave are clear to me.
I'm sick to death of the PC Government, the constant appeasing of minorities whilst ignoring the majority, along with our crime rates & pathetic useless police.
What I mean is ... you have good reason for getting a new life, but to quit because of your view of the situation here could be a mistake.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:34 PM

Interesting thread. I never generally come to this section.
I wish all those leaving the very best, I understand your reasons, really I do.
I have lived in many places and thought many times about leaving this country for good. But in all honesty, there is no place like home for me.
Lucky for us, we escape many times per year.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
What I mean is ... you have good reason for getting a new life, but quitting just because of your reasons stated above, could be a mistake.
Yes,

Maybe so.
However, we have no plans per se for the next 8-9 years.
Things could indeed change, but I can't see it at the moment.

I just cannot think of a time in my life where I have been so disillusioned with the political parties and authorities in general.

It's like being run by clowns.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Interesting thread. I never generally come to this section.
I wish all those leaving the very best, I understand your reasons, really I do.
I have lived in many places and thought many times about leaving this country for good. But in all honesty, there is no place like home for me.
Lucky for us, we escape many times per year.
it doesn't feel like home to us anymore In an ideal world I would have the money to buy a place abroad and a small house here for when we come back fpr a short visit to see family. I will never leave the UK as long as my father is alive, he needs me and I need him.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

12-08-2018, 08:47 PM

There's absolutely nothing new about Brits becoming expats because they are discontent at home. Millions have done it in the last 50 odd years.

In my experience the happy successful ones love and respect their homeland.

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top