Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 05:46 AM

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree, although I wasn't aware that Spain was a police state!

Compulsory ID cards was something mooted in the UK some time ago and was rejected for some reason. Personally, I cannot understand what the objection could be.
You probably have them without knowing it.

In the 1980s our PM floated the idea of an "Australia Card" as a form of ID. It was roundly condemned so now we have a Drivers Licence (even for non drivers) and a Tax File Number. Without both you can't even open a bank account.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You probably have them without knowing it.

In the 1980s our PM floated the idea of an "Australia Card" as a form of ID. It was roundly condemned so now we have a Drivers Licence (even for non drivers) and a Tax File Number. Without both you can't even open a bank account.
Yes, we have half-measures.

I have a driving licence, NI number (but no card), credit and debit cards, an NHS number (I think there is a card somewhere) and a passport.

All valid measures of identification.

However, whenever I've been to the doctor's or hospital, none of these IDs are necessary.

I'm sure the same applies to all of our illegal locusts.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:26 PM

When I say Police state

Slight tongue in cheek but over here the slightest problem call the Police
even if you are doing building work and your neighbour does not like what you are doing call the police and put in a Denucia

Also the Police over here can put up road blocks if they are looking for something specific like drugs and when they do block the road there is always one Policeman with a pump action shotgun who will fire into your engine block to stop you if you don't want to

Your ID cards and also the system we have for the NHS here which was going to be adopted by the British NHS you can blame that nice Shami Chakrabarti she blocked a great deal of it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
When I say Police state

Slight tongue in cheek but over here the slightest problem call the Police
even if you are doing building work and your neighbour does not like what you are doing call the police and put in a Denucia

Also the Police over here can put up road blocks if they are looking for something specific like drugs and when they do block the road there is always one Policeman with a pump action shotgun who will fire into your engine block to stop you if you don't want to

Your ID cards and also the system we have for the NHS here which was going to be adopted by the British NHS you can blame that nice Shami Chakrabarti she blocked a great deal of it
Excellent!

Would it be possible to ask your police people if they could come to the UK, please.

We don't have an effective police force any more.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:16 PM

How many would you like?

Another law over here you cannot contradict a police man or say anything against him or her thats a go to jail offence
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-11-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
How many would you like?
All of them.

And in return, you can have our wonderful London Lord Mayor, who has been working overtime to deal with the hundreds of knife murders taking place within his area of responsibility!

I'm sure he would make enormous changes to the crime situation in Spain.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:34 PM

I should clarify that the Drivers Licence is the main form of ID, the Tax File Number is only needed for financial business such as opening a bank account.

We also have a plethora of other numbers such as Medicare No and Centrelink No but none of these have the importance of the Driver's Licence the only thing of equal importance is a Passport.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:04 PM

I should clarify that the Drivers Licence is the main form of ID, the Tax File Number is only needed for financial business such as opening a bank account.

We also have a plethora of other numbers such as Medicare No and Centrelink No but none of these have the importance of the Driver's Licence the only thing of equal importance is a Passport.
No branding allowed?
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
All of them.

And in return, you can have our wonderful London Lord Mayor, who has been working overtime to deal with the hundreds of knife murders taking place within his area of responsibility!

I'm sure he would make enormous changes to the crime situation in Spain.
I should point out that the Mayor of London is not the Lord Mayor, that is a totally different role.

I'm not sure driving licences can work as ID as many people don't have a driving licence.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Oh dear! What happens to those who can't drive AND have never applied for a passport?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top