Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 07:04 AM

Very wet Thursday

Good morning one and all

It is a lovely day here if you are a fish, the rain is coming down with the force of a megaton bomb but it is warmish at 18 degrees. The birds are nowhere to be seen so we have not had a dawn corus today. The walk this morning was wetting and muddy and with the farm animals looking fed up it just about summed up the day.

Plans for today are staying indoors, relaxing with some music and a book, Michael Athertons autobiography. If it fines up later we may venture out for another walk round to some local establishment for lunch.

Have a great day everyone and remember Your nobody till somebody loves you.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 08:40 AM

Re: Very wet Thursday

I should be so lucky to be able to laze around. My gardening job today, and renovate the irrigation system.

The working tonight.

All that and it's 32c already, me's thinks it's gonna be another hot one......................
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 08:57 AM

Cooler and wet here today in the Midlands.

Dog sitting a Basset Hound later for my daughter, so we'll walk both dogs together in between showers (best laid plans....)

Salad from the garden for lunch and then relax with the paper methinks...

Have a great day all..

Barry
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 09:43 AM

It's dull & 18 ᵒc here with not a breath of air, there's rain forecast for this afternoon so I off out food shopping this morning.
Ah, the sun has just come out!

Have a great day folks.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Very wet in London today but its good for the gardens. Also I have to say the forecasters have got it right this week. Hot for the first part like they said and now wet. Its supposed to clear up tomorrow but not as hot as its been so lets hope they have got it right again.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 10:40 AM

Reading the Title of this Thread reminded me of a day not so long ago when I took the dogs to the bottom of the hill in the car. When we got there it had started to rain. I thought "oh well I can towel us all off later" I opened the Tail Gate and the Blighters wouldn't budge....just sat and looked at me with this "you've got to be kidding" look on their faces lol.

The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Just like my dogs, they hate the rain too. They will get two wet walks today with my dog walkers though come what may ! Character building I tell them
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 11:00 AM

Very warm and wet here. I have only plans to visit the hairdresser. I got the garden done yesterday, thankfully.

The rest of the day I will take as it comes, probably finish my current book and idle the day away. I hate not being able to go outdoors.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 11:52 AM

Morning all

Heavy rain during the night and all through the morning here, that should save me watering the garden before we go away tomorrow.

Dropped Cassie Cat off at the Cattery this morning, together with her fleece blanket, new toy and her well chewed mousey that she's had for years and only uses at nighttime as her comfort toy.

Have the hairdressers this afternoon, oh I do hope it stops raining by then then some last minute packing.

Have a pleasant day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2011, 12:08 PM

Morning all great to see the rain It is cooler and fresher too which I find easer to live with than the heat.

Went shopping early, so that is out of the way for another week thank goodness.

I think runner beans must grow about 6inches a day, pick them one day there are more ready the next. I am off to pick some in the rain to put in the freezer.

Have a pleasant day everyone

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top