Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:42 PM

Re: Eurostar in cash crisis !!

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
It looks like Boris standing firm has caused "our French friends" and the other shareholders to dig deep and come up with the required funding which, cynical me thinks, might just be funnelled into providing a contingency fund for finishing off the Paris-Madrid high speed link.
I wonder whether this unusual step on Boris's part has given him an idea.

Well, it seems to have worked for us, so perhaps it is just possible that standing up to the Frogs again in the future might benefit us even more.

I wonder whether he'll really stick his neck out and tell them to bog off out of our fishing areas.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 03:52 PM

Hi

Commercial decisions like this are taken by Civil Servants,

Boris simply did not overturn them.

Fisheries is Political, it is a battle for a Services Deal with the EU.

Both sides are digging in at a Political level.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 05:36 PM

Good stuff

https://foxhole.news/2021/05/18/fren...-with-bailout/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Good stuff

https://foxhole.news/2021/05/18/fren...-with-bailout/
I'm hoping that this will send a message to the Frogs.

After 40 years of taking full advantage of their cash cow, I suppose it's going to be quite a big step for them to come to terms with the fact that we are no longer here to be used by them.
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

18-05-2021, 05:49 PM

I was just thinking - well I do all the time but occasionally have bursts of it! - if the information that all the pollies and high end business men/and a few women have about deals and counter-deals and selling and buying businesses and stocks and shares was shared with the general public would it make things any better or worst?

Probably worst because it would just introduce another level of stupidity and incompetence into world business affairs - I am not saying pollies should not be accountable and that we should hold them so but as long as that layer is working and in place I say let them get on with it - it must be a bloody headache after all?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2021, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
It looks like Boris standing firm has caused "our French friends" and the other shareholders to dig deep and come up with the required funding which, cynical me thinks, might just be funnelled into providing a contingency fund for finishing off the Paris-Madrid high speed link.
You can bank on it. I suspect that the request for money to bail out Eurostar was an excuse and the money was always going to be used to complete the link without loss to shareholders.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top