Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 03:41 PM

Re: Planes Bikes and Automobiles

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
When you can't be arsed to pedal no more you can chose a Bomber, a sur ron, or one of these.

I was convinced that the board in the middle was going to drop.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Thinking of souping one of those up next

Here is the Battery kill switch, and the 40amp fuse, the second photo is the switch installed in the side panel.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 05:02 PM

I don’t understand a word you are saying Spitty but just wanted you to know you sound very clever!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2021, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I don’t understand a word you are saying Spitty but just wanted you to know you sound very clever!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 10:37 AM

The Bomber is fight back all the way, this morning I fitted the side stand, it came with an allen head bolt, which has to be fitted inside a metal box which meant it was impossible to get an allen wrench on it, so, I used a normal bolt which I could just about get a spanner onto. Problem two, inside the box is a welded kept nut which the bolt had to thread through first, when passing into the thread in the stand, it was impossible to get the two threads tight up to each other so, in the end I had to separate them again, and drill out the thread in the kept nut so the bolt would just pass through.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2021, 12:54 PM

Been out on the Sur Ron today, why do the cops ignore these antics?

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The Bomber is fight back all the way, this morning I fitted the side stand, it came with an allen head bolt, which has to be fitted inside a metal box which meant it was impossible to get an allen wrench on it, so, I used a normal bolt which I could just about get a spanner onto. Problem two, inside the box is a welded kept nut which the bolt had to thread through first, when passing into the thread in the stand, it was impossible to get the two threads tight up to each other so, in the end I had to separate them again, and drill out the thread in the kept nut so the bolt would just pass through.

So what does the Allen screw, screw into Spitty if you drilled out
the thread in the kept nut ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2021, 09:24 PM

DM, the Allen screw was a none starter because an Allen wrench would never have fitted in the box section, so, it was replaced with a standard Stainless steel bolt, so a standard ring spanner could tighten it, a quarter turn at a time, laborious but so be it.
The front wheel will be built by Friday, and the tire fitted, time to compare the Sur Ron and the Bomber.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:01 PM

"The Bomber is fight back all the way, this morning I fitted the side stand, it came with an allen head bolt, which has to be fitted inside a metal box which meant it was impossible to get an allen wrench on it, so, I used a normal bolt which I could just about get a spanner onto"

My eyes are gettin worse, it thought that was ALIEN bolt heads you were on about, and I says to myself that Spitty fella has really flipped now, what kind of company is he keeping?, hanging around with alien screw heads, no wonder he is more informed on cosmic matters than the rest of us mere mortals.

Fair play to you Spitty, you seem to be very adaptable when problems confront you, an admirable quality, that’s the way to get things done.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-07-2021, 10:04 PM

The project is almost done Jembo, that always leaves an emptiness, lets see what happens next.

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top