Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:04 PM

Re: Pictures or videos or both?

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
here we go yet again I never mention members only people in general.
Well members are people too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:11 PM

I'm sorry RS but the way you popped that line into your post, it was looking pretty obvious it was aimed at people who didn't take videos.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm quite content with my holiday pictures, they hold all my memories of wonderful holidays and I can picture them all in my mind.
I agree. In addition, a single frame can beautifully capture that instant.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
So true Besoeker, perfectly described...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:17 PM

LD

don't mean to be rude in my first post I was very precise in avoiding any particualar group
I also notice hardly anyone else and gone so deep into their hobby and mentioned alternatives they could use.

Strange as soon as I do everyone jumps on my back as if I had the plague.
I am one for not being stuck in a "routine" which gets boring, if did I would not got to where i am now
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Plus you can hang it on a wall and look at it every time you pass.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:28 PM

We made videos of events associated with the family since they were all tots. Some have got our dog in them that died years ago. The trouble with all of them them is that, once made, they were put onto DVDs, stashed away and hardly ever looked at again. Same with photos.

Also, I think there's the danger of living life looking through a lens rather than enjoying moments with open eyes.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 07:31 PM

I said in my very first line about taking pictures. If one is happy with "snaps" that is fine but also not know what one is missing means loosing a lot. As in life if you don't take risks you won't get far. I took a huge risk and it paid off big time. No I want to explore what my hobby offers and not get stuck in a rut
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-06-2021, 07:37 PM

Mart
Same here but I also put them onto computer hard drives so at the touch of a button I can look at them as often as i like.

Quote " Also, I think there's the danger of living life looking though a lens rather than enjoying moments with open eyes." unquote

surely taking a picture or a video makes you look more at what your taking so seeing life in more detail.

there is a vast difference between seeing and looking
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-06-2021, 07:48 PM

Mags
Quote in part " they hold all my memories of wonderful holidays and I can picture them all in my mind." unquote

But Mags you can't share a moving visual memory , you can with a video

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top