Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

03-06-2021, 09:03 AM

Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

Like so many I love travelling abroad and can hardly wait to be able to do so again after over a year in quarantine. There are loads of places I want to visit together with my girlfriend, Guadeloupe and a return trip to Japan are top of our list at the moment.

However I still have difficulty understanding why so many people have to immediately book a holiday abroad in the middle of a pandemic even though restrictions have been eased.

Now Greek authorities have announced that they may have to impose new restrictions due to an increase in Covid cases in several areas including the popular islands of Rhodes and Crete.

Personally I'm going to wait until at least next year before I start thinking about booking a holiday abroad.

How about you?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:20 AM

Re: Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

Personally Ullabi, I wouldn't chance going abroad this year, I would wait until the following year and who knows, there might even be another Lock down yet.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:23 AM

I've cancelled June and September holidays to Spain this year Ulla. I don't feel ready or confident enough to go abroad just yet.

we will take a few days here in England, it won't be the same but all the same we have some lovely places here so this years it's going to be a staycation.

Spain is our favourite place to holiday, we once lived there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:26 AM

We wouldn’t dream of going abroad this year, it just isn’t worth the risk.

We are sticking to the beauty of our own country this year.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 09:32 AM

I am going on holiday to another country, beautiful Wales (if restrictions allow) . I don't go far anyway with a 13 year old dog as part of the group.

I think it is a big risk booking anywhere abroad with the possibility of a return to long queues at airports and exposure to the virus and expensive confinement in hotel quarantine.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:22 AM

No, we won't be going abroad this year - our passports expired last August and we saw no point in renewing them, so we couldn't just yet anyway! Next year, maybe, but who knows what it'll be like then? We'll just wait and see, and in the meantime enjoy the UK, visit parts we've never seen before.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

03-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Like most of you we’ll also just be making short trips in our home country this year which in our case is Sweden
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:07 AM

Already cancelled a river cruise through Europe for this year and booked this for next year instead

https://www.vikingcruises.co.uk/ocea...pes/index.html

Already been to about 3 of the places on this cruise but will do different trips out instead in each of those ports
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:11 AM

We have stopped going abroad anyway due to the dire way we are treated by the travel companies. The next time I fly abroad it will be permanent. It's not easy to move abroad at the moment what with the EU faggots making it so difficult but eventually they will realise they need more Brits over there to keep their economies going.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 11:23 AM

We were due to sail on a Baltic cruise in May but it was cancelled for the second time, so we had a refund this time.
We also go to Guernsey every year but were unable to go last year due to covid, and we recently had a letter from the hotel to say they are selling up.... So this year is out also.

Like Sheba, our passports expired in March this year and see no reason to renew them just yet, so all being well it will be Wales this year with a few short notice places thrown in for good measure.....providing we are allowed...It's not looking good though.... Definitely no foreign travel for us in the foreseeable....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top