Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:09 AM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Fed up to the back teeth with it all. Now it's a three way thing of Election, Brexit and Lies , sort of event..

Just one questionable point. Has Corbyn really said he's going to plant 2 billion trees by 2040 ? Can anyone do the maths ?
20-40 is twenty to nine PM, that's about 2,666,666,66 per minute?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
20-40 is twenty to nine PM, that's about 2,666,666,66 per minute?

Those trees would cover an area the size of Wales and there would be no room to build more houses

Corbyn is s complete nutter
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 12:37 PM

If more and more of the public take the view, that voting is a waste of time, then which way will the politicians react:-

1) "We don't need to have elections or Referenda"
The public, by not voting, have set us free to just get on with deciding and running it all.
(Corbyn would be saying "it works fine in the Communist Countries, just get on with it".)

2) "The number of voters is falling, we must recognise that and improve our management of the Country."

Which outcome is the most likely?

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Those trees would cover an area the size of Wales and there would be no room to build more houses

Corbyn is s complete nutter
If they made it easier for people to develop existing housing stock and rent out parts of their house then there would be no need to build so many new houses.

The idea of planting more trees is not a bad one. We have massive tracts of arable land with no trees anywhere in sight probably because it's been deemed an inconvenience to intensive farming. They are certainly good for the environment. All parties are for the idea of planting more trees.

But I totally agree about Corbyn, for other reasons.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Think there is only one reason for me to vote and I decided simply by going with the party that promises Brexit.
Boris is a complete idiot we all know that and so are the other's, but he is the only idiot that will hopefully give me what I want.
I will decide in 4 years time what party I want to lead us into the future and rebuild what the EU have demolished.

That should give all parties a chance to get a decent leader that is worthy of my vote.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That's OK. Who wants to live in Wales anyway?

Sorry, Rhian!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 08:33 PM

Grrrr ... it makes me so angry how this brexit business has been allowed to get so totally party political.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 10:46 PM

I will be voting Conservative to keep the SNP out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Thanks. It's nice to know that some Scots - hopefully the majority - want to remain in the Union. England and Scotland, we benefit each other.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
So will I here in Roxburghshire , Scottish Borders.

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top