Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 12:09 PM

Re: Elizabeth Is Missing

Oh it was so good and what an actress glenda is . It made me cry too for her lost youth and beauty. The sadness for her children of their mum . The fear in glendas eyes of who or what she was . The sadness of old age .

Therefore go I but for the Grace of God as my lovely mum would say
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The mad woman who followed them around witnessed it after Maud left the house because her sister told her to go home, when her husband came home drunk. When the body was found and the police interviewed her, she recalls what the mad women had told her. She was buried in the place that was best for growing marrows.
Ah, but if it was a new building plot how did they know where marrows would be planted and why marrows? Also anyone could have bought that house

Also, why didn't they just tell Maud her friend was in hospital?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:10 PM

Im going to read the book!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
That was the biggest hole in the plot for me .....
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Ah, but if it was a new building plot how did they know where marrows would be planted and why marrows? Also anyone could have bought that house

Maud was there when Elizabeth was taken ill but her dementia prevented her from remembering it, so she had probably been told that Elizabeth was in hospital and had forgotten that too.

There were marrows growing on the land before the buildings were erected - when young Maud was with Sukie and her husband standing on the plot she was given a marrow flower. There weren't marrows in Elizabeth's garden that is why Maud asked her daughter where it was best to plant them which led to the daughter digging in that particular spot ... Maud was originally 'led' to that place when she found the half of Sukie's compact whilst helping Elizabeth with the garden - I suppose that triggered the memory of when she was young and was there with Sukie and her husband (can't remember his name).

I hope all of that makes sense!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That was the biggest hole in the plot for me .....
They did but she kept forgetting. When Elizabeth 's son breaks in after she posts the missing person ad the daughter says that they keep telling her.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Maud was there when Elizabeth was taken ill but her dementia prevented her from remembering it, so she had probably been told that Elizabeth was in hospital and had forgotten that too.

There were marrows growing on the land before the buildings were erected - when young Maud was with Sukie and her husband standing on the plot she was given a marrow flower. There weren't marrows in Elizabeth's garden that is why Maud asked her daughter where it was best to plant them which led to the daughter digging in that particular spot ... Maud was originally 'led' to that place when she found the half of Sukie's compact whilst helping Elizabeth with the garden - I suppose that triggered the memory of when she was young and was there with Sukie and her husband (can't remember his name).

I hope all of that makes sense!!
Yes,perfect sense Margaret,and thanks for filling in the gaps for Me ....Glenda was fab' in it and I do hope She gets another award,She certainly deserves one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 03:27 PM

In the first few scenes sukey and her husband are buying the corner plot of the new build land and there are marrows growing there as it was an allotment.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Im going to read the book!
Good idea, might explain a lot that was unclear.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 02:16 PM

watched it last night, it was brilliant acting by the wonderful Glenda. I didn't recognise her though and wouldn't have realised it was her had I not known.

It did make me cry as it reminded me of when I was carer for a lady with dementia who lived in her own home. The similarities were remarkable.
Christine has sadly died now but I was a privileged woman to have the pleasure of caring for such a remarkable, funny, beautiful woman.
We had such fun together and we'd sing our heads off. It was never like going to work, it was like going to visit a dear friend. We grew to love each other and became great friends.

There were some very sad days when she didn't recognise her surroundings but I was always able to reassure her then she would forget she had been upset.

Dementia is a very cruel disease.

Rest in Peace my beautiful friend Christine.
Awwwwww god love her.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top