Join for free
Page 71 of 95 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 > Last »
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Its sad to see that people miss the main message of the Bible which is .... Good News. Optimism. Hope. Love. Total self reliance is the wrong option. We need God whether we like it or not.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Oh im also reading The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius. Its a must read imo. And its surpisingly practical. Learning to make wise decisions. So important. Just crucial.
Jeanster
UK
Jeanster is female 

17-08-2019, 10:12 AM

I've just finished the newest Angela Marson book.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2019, 07:43 PM

Clare Mackintosh, After The End.
BlueHorizons
New Member!
Australia
BlueHorizons is female 

25-08-2019, 11:52 AM

Just finished The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I haven't seen the movie and I'm not sure I want to. The book was riveting and hard to put down. So many twists.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BlueHorizons ->
Just finished The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I haven't seen the movie and I'm not sure I want to. The book was riveting and hard to put down. So many twists.
I enjoyed it too and haven't seen the film. I have been told that the film is nowhere near as good as the book so I shan't bother with it. I agree with you that the book was riveting I couldn't put it down either. So many excellent books don't translate into good films.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2019, 12:18 PM

Reading murder in Belgravia by Lyn Brittney. Little slow and ponderous but interesting facts about what was available as medicines prior and during WW1 cocaine in baby products. Heroin given to babies to wean them off the cocaine as it was considered safer for them ! Ladies in middle-classes taking heroin. Cocaine and opiates like they were sweeties !!
BlueHorizons
New Member!
Australia
BlueHorizons is female 

25-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I enjoyed it too and haven't seen the film. I have been told that the film is nowhere near as good as the book so I shan't bother with it. I agree with you that the book was riveting I couldn't put it down either. So many excellent books don't translate into good films.
I was really enjoying watching the Vera series then I read one of Anne Cleeves books. I got so much more out of the book. I then watched one and found it moved way too fast. Books will describe what the character is thinking and feeling and oftentimes little subtext to get a fuller picture. Then we add our own imagination.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2019, 10:54 PM

I picked up this book in a charity shop in very good condition for 50p
@The girl with the dragon tattoo@, has anyone read this book and is it any good ?.. thanks for your replies.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I picked up this book in a charity shop in very good condition for 50p
@The girl with the dragon tattoo@, has anyone read this book and is it any good ?.. thanks for your replies.
It is the first in a series of three - all three are absolutely impossible to put down. The author died some years ago , there is a forth book finished off by someone else after his death.

The Swedish made three excellent films of the books too. There is a yank one too but nowhere near as good..

Page 71 of 95 « First < 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top