Join for free
Page 299 of 370 « First < 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:15 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Floydy, yay! I bonus session. Those are always the best - a little silent victory over the lazy part of the brain. Good for you on hitting the legs. I am actually planning my own session in the form of riding the stationary bike in front of a good movie later (if I can find one ).

Tachyon, most wise of you to ask. I think 90% of the people in the gym learn from watching and asking others over trainers. Nice work.

It's still Africa hot here . I tried to surf a little but there just wasn't enough push in the waves to get any momentum. C'est la vie. A bad day swimming around in the gulf is better than a good day doing most anything. Once the sun starts to skim the horizon, I am off with the deer who hug the tree line at twilight when the winds are calm. No records likely today, but I will be in good company.

Speaking of swimming? Where's the swimming report, y'all?

Cheers!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Thank you both Floydy and Surfermom for your kind comments.

It is however a triumph of training over physical ability.

Yesterday, to cheer myself up I smashed a piece of 4x2.

I am starting from scratch again after my recent episode.

My aim today is to walk 40 yards to the bottom of the garden and then 40 yards back.

If I manage that, I will be happy.
This is absolutely spot on; what it's all about over 50!

So how did you do today, Swimfeeders?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 06:47 AM

Yes you swimmers and dog walkers...it's all classed as exercise. Get yourselves in here. Your reports are required please
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:45 PM

Yay, the new gym equipment has arrived and the staff were getting shown how to use it today. It mainly comprises of two large multigyms which are hexagonal in shape and about 15 feet in diameter. Each "wall" of the hexagon is made up of black and silver steel piping and each one is festooned with cables, pulleys, attachment points and a lot of straps, clips and bits of rope for attaching various weights to.

Two other machines seem to be for squats and shoulder presses, and the bars you attach the weights to are in a sort of track which means you can't drop the weights and hurt yourself, and you can do them on your own without needing a buddy to help. No idea if I'll use those as yet.

Nobody went on any of the new stuff, since the staff are still being instructed on their use, but everyone was eyeing the machines warily, lol. I was hoping for machines for triceps and biceps, to replace the ones they took away, but I'm told these new machines have these facilities... somewhere! I'm looking forward to Thursday's session.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-06-2019, 04:45 AM

Tachyon, the whole setup sounds promising as it might prevent traffic jams of everyone waiting to use some of the same equipment. You already have a great attitude when it comes to something new, so you might find that you have much of it for yourself in the beginning. Go for it and ask - as many times as necessary - on proper form and use. It sounds fun! I just hope that it is athlete centered and not about the looks of the thing. Time will tell!

The surf is up tomorrow, so today I decided to run like I stole something today, thinking that I might just take a recovery day from running tomorrow.

A murder of crows met me at the trailhead like a scene out of The Birds. Carrying on while perched in the trees on other side of the trail, they fell silent and left in a fluttering unit on down the trail. Strangely enough, they settled directly in front of me three different times instead of disappearing into the forest. Were they trying to tell me something? Was it an omen? No, it was probably just the fact that there were mowers along the trail edge upturning nice crunchy insects for the taking.

Five miles, looking frightful enough to scare off crows by the end.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:58 AM

Tachyon, you sound like you've won a Golden Ticket for Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. You're like a big kid in a new toy shop! I must admit it is exciting when new apparatus arrives.
I'm looking forward to finding out how you manouvre yourself around the new equipment and how it all ties in with your training programme.
Any chance of an image or photo of this kit because I'm trying to picture what it all looks like and how it works?

Suzie - Well done on your near-sprint today. Those crows do sound rather ominous but I wouldn't read too much into it. It's only superstition

Later I'll be doing part one of my new very high rep routine. Should be "fun". Back soon
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 08:45 AM

I'll try and remember to get a picture next time, if it's ok with the staff. It looks amazing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-06-2019, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I'll try and remember to get a picture next time, if it's ok with the staff. It looks amazing.
Or one similar off the net?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Hi

I have two insoles, both different, one each for left and right.

Walking is strange, it feels different.

I also have new trainers and a pair of new shoes, I need to get the heels done on my existing shoes as they are worn unequally.

It is easier to walk, but because my gait is different, I am using different muscles.

Onwards and upwards.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

05-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have two insoles, both different, one each for left and right.

Walking is strange, it feels different.

I also have new trainers and a pair of new shoes, I need to get the heels done on my existing shoes as they are worn unequally.

It is easier to walk, but because my gait is different, I am using different muscles.

Onwards and upwards.
That's the way mate, keep on climbing to reach those goals and you'll get there. Always.

Page 299 of 370 « First < 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 301 309 349 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top