Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2019, 03:04 AM

Re: Buying Plants Online

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I wondered what an evolutionary garden might be like, until I realised you meant Darwin the city!
No, you were right the first time. If a plant survives in my garden it stays
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
I once went to a small, off the beaten track nursery, and in the tiny café shack I had what was the nicest sticky toffee pudding I had ever, ever had. It was to die for, and I told them so.

I went there especially, a couple of weeks later, and had it again. It's quite a way to go as a special journey, but that just proved how nice it was.

Three months later, I took a friend, having waxed lyrical about this pudding, and wailing and gnashing of teeth, they had changed the caterers and no longer did it!
You could have heard my screams a mile off.
Grrr! If you find a nice toffee pud you've got to stick to it!

BTW, I bought the rose in Monkton Elm, it was actually smaller and cheaper than the one I saw before!
Wasband purposely drove the wrong way and tried to get out of taking me there, swine! But, it's amazing how guilt is a persuader! I also threatened him with a slow and painful death if he didn't take me there! Hmm!
He moaned and moaned, went to stand outside so he didn't get an icecream as I couldn't "find" him
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Good you got sorted and have your rose. I was going to say I have bought a lot of plants online and had no bother at all. I get a yearly catalogue from a firm called Bakkers and they will replace any plants free of charge that die soon after delivery. If you want a catalogue just Google Bakkers.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 06:53 AM

Tess I buy most of my plants online through Amazon.
Read the reviews and that helps a lot.
I have not had any bother with the plants I have ordered.

I did receive 3 Clematis instead of 3x Hosta the other week.
This was corrected in 2 days I received the Hostas and returned the Clematis straight away through the local PO.

Never had a droopy or dead plant and some have came from Germany in the past.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Tess I buy most of my plants online through Amazon.
Read the reviews and that helps a lot.
I have not had any bother with the plants I have ordered.

I did receive 3 Clematis instead of 3x Hosta the other week.
This was corrected in 2 days I received the Hostas and returned the Clematis straight away through the local PO.

Never had a droopy or dead plant and some have came from Germany in the past.
Jolly good Longfellow! I'm running out of room now though. However, if I can con, er I mean ask nicely, someone to cut back nextdoors brambles, I may have a bit of space that will need filling
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 09:24 AM

I quite like visits to the garden centre looking for plants so i have never bought online...my neighbour does though and his garden is lovely.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2019, 02:30 PM

We only once bought some plants on-line and were not thrilled with the result, we prefer to get them from garden centres.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

20-07-2019, 03:14 PM

I like garden centres too.
Our local one has been taken over, I was hoping it would be cheaper but it appears to be more expensive.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top