Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: Blade Runner - advice needed, please.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - have just ordered the 'final cut' version - will see how that goes before looking for sequels! It arrives on 31st - am looking forward to watching it.
The so called sequel got disappointing reviews . Despite one of my favourite actors Ryan Gosling starring, based on those I gave it a miss .
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
The so called sequel got disappointing reviews . Despite one of my favourite actors Ryan Gosling starring, based on those I gave it a miss .
Don't rely on the views of others, watch it yourself and get your own opinion.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Well - have just ordered the 'final cut' version - will see how that goes before looking for sequels! It arrives on 31st - am looking forward to watching it.
Good luck Tabby

It's a film to be watched more than once.

First time round just enjoy the atmostphere of the distopian world and the beautiful cityscapes. I recommend that you sit in the dark for the opening sequences. The opening screen is totally dark and then . . . well just see.

This is a film with lots of hidden clues and secrets which on first run, just won't be obvious.

Enjoy it for what it is, take it at face value.

Then come back, and some of us can highlight some of the clues and secrets if you wish.

As you watch it, note that this was one of the very last films that used matte painting for the landscapes and backgrounds, so not the CGI computer generated stuff of more recent films. It's just stunningly beautiful.

Enjoy
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 06:45 PM

ETA

Once you've watched the film you'll also have then witnessed they great music score in it by Vangelis. I recommend you then buy the sound track CD or equivalent. It's good music. The Love Theme is timeless.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 07:08 PM

I watch The Love Theme regularly on YouTube . Sultry .
Sean Young was a lucky young woman to be chosen for the lead ..... up close and personal with Harrison ..... as with Kevin Costner in No Way Out .
Both very much in the eye candy league for us ladies .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 07:19 PM

I watch The Love Theme regularly on YouTube . Sultry .
Sean Young was a lucky young woman to be chosen for the lead ..... up close and personal with Harrison ..... as with Kevin Costner in No Way Out .
Both very much in the eye candy league for us ladies .
Just been and looked - doesn't HF look young??!!

I had never heard of SY before - she is pretty - but has the squarest shoulders I have ever seen. Thought it was just her clothes - until she undressed!

The music is haunting - I like it. Can't wait for the DVD to arrive.
Zuleika
North West UK

28-07-2019, 09:39 PM

I hope you enjoy it given we've praised it so much .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

28-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Actually it was ok, done sympathetically with the original but the plot is complex, as you would expect. I had to read up to figure it all out and will watch again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2019, 08:25 AM

Eeek - that scared me witless - package just landed through the door from Amazon - DVD has arrived!!

Am out today - will stock up on snacks and wine. Tonight will switch the 'phone off, curl up on the sofa with the cats - and enjoy!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

31-07-2019, 05:40 PM

Right that's it - have battened down the hatches, raised the drawbridge, and unplugged the telephone.

Let "Blade Runner" commence!

A little nourishment for my journey!!

Ciabatta rolls with Wensleydale cheese and Branston pickle, a few baked crisps, Grapes and sweet Kentish cherries.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top