Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 07:00 PM

Re: Jaws

Never seen the film - but I like the music. I bet I would like sharks as well - will you save me some, please, Floydy?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 08:18 PM

The first time I tried snorkelling, literally just arrived at the resort and decided to go get in and cool off. Had a swim for a few minutes, looked behind me and saw a four foot shark staring at me. Immediately I could hear the 'Jaws' theme playing in my head, followed by 'Should I stay or should I go' Luckily, the shark swam off which was a relief.

I found out later that it was almost certainly a reef shark which are not dangerous and that it was probably only two feet long but looked bigger under water.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The first time I tried snorkelling, literally just arrived at the resort and decided to go get in and cool off. Had a swim for a few minutes, looked behind me and saw a four foot shark staring at me. Immediately I could hear the 'Jaws' theme playing in my head, followed by 'Should I stay or should I go' Luckily, the shark swam off which was a relief.

I found out later that it was almost certainly a reef shark which are not dangerous and that it was probably only two feet long but looked bigger under water.
OMG at first I thought you were kidding but I guess you really did come face to face with a real life shark, how frightening, I would have shat mesen
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
OMG at first I thought you were kidding but I guess you really did come face to face with a real life shark, how frightening, I would have shat mesen
I had to buy some new budgie smugglers.

I hope Floydy is OK, anyone seen him this morning? I don't fancy cutting that shark's stomach open to get him out.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Head falling out the bottom of the boat,I think all the cinema jumped.

I just jumped again .....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never seen the film - but I like the music. I bet I would like sharks as well - will you save me some, please, Floydy?
Grilled or baked?
Slightly off at a tangent, we had alligator steaks the last time we were on the other side of the pond. Excellent!!!

Back to the film.
Yes, I have seen it. Would I watch it again? No, I would not.
I'm not really a film goer anyway.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 05:31 PM

Yes I really enjoyed seeing it at the cinema again yesterday. And I still jumped when the head came out of Ben Gardner's boat!
Great on the big screen and surprisingly no screaming. There were so many very small children there too. Not a sound.
I expect they're used to dinosaurs with big teeth these days and Jaws is almost a documentary to them!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top