Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Help

My hotmail addy has been hacked, I opened a link on an email fromsomeone I know well & my computer started sending emails continuosly. I signed out but then couldnt get back in. Hotmail have frozen the account & asked for a lot of information about mY addy to identify me, but I cant remember any of it
any ideas please
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 09:22 PM

Re: Help

Hi Robert, that happened to me about a year ago and the problem disappeared immediately I changed my email password.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 09:52 PM

What's an addy?
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 10:20 PM

I expect it means email address Twizard.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2013, 10:48 PM

Not another colloquialism then?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Not another colloquialism then?
I colluded with a collection of colloquial ...........oh it's too late for meaningful Alliteration.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 06:49 AM

Same here - my hotmail address was compromised earlier this year and I had to reset the password. I got a load of spam for a while, mostly bogus "message undeliverable" emails looking very like the real thing. They slowly disappeared and my hotmail account now seems fine. I was told they have had some large phishing attacks recently. See here:

http://www.maravis.com/hotmail-accounts-compromised/
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2013, 10:16 AM

Just interested to know the type of password that got hacked (not what they actually were). Were they proper words with perhaps a few numbers/dates added that you could remember in your head? For example: Beano1955

Or were they the sort of passwords that you'd never remember and could only copy/paste from a text file into the password entry box? For example: Q3q2rEoQuJ9/P

If the first type, then I think you can pretty much expect it to get hacked at sometime or another. If the second type, then I suppose there's no hope for any of us.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

17-11-2013, 10:21 AM

THanks for your responses.

IT took me 6 hours to sort it out.

Tired now

I was helped online by HOTMAIL's chat help.
DItto VIRGIN

all excellent
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2013, 03:59 AM

That happened to me a couple of years ago with my AOL email. I had opened an attachment from someone I knew, and it put a virus in that email account. The person did not knowingly send the virus. I will no longer open attachments from anyone, not worth it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top