Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Vaporisers

Has anyone on here tried vaporisers as a means of giving up smoking?

I've tried three different e-cigarettes - the disposable ones -but they're just not good enough.

Someone's told me you can buy vaporisers with or without the nicotine but my internet trawls seem to find things that are about £90 with a constant supply of liquid and batteries required - sounds all a bit costly to me!

I don't actually smoke much at all but my attempts at quitting keep failing, despite the fact my wife's given up completely.

It's habit and an addiction to nicotine I know but stopping isn't easy for me now.

Did before, several times but I always started up again.

Before anyone starts sounding-off or lecturing me, all I'm asking for is advice or experiences of these gadgets - that's all thank you. stevmk2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 11:41 AM

Re: Vaporisers

No experience of them Steve but just wanted to say good luck, It's difficult I am sure and having had my own battles with sugar I know how hard it is to give up completely on something you enjoy.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 11:48 AM

I've never used them Steve, I gave up by using patches....(and gritting my teeth !) I hope that's not "sounding off or lecturing !"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 12:33 PM

Hi Steve, I've managed to cut down.
I too tried several E cigs and have settled on one Njoy its called, its the best one so far and has a soft tip and nicotine content. It is a disposable.
Nicotine is harmless and can be found in all sorts of things, such as cauliflower, aubergines, potatoes, tomatos. tea and peppers.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 06:53 PM

I have never wanted to quit so haven't tried an e-cig but my friend has switched to them and he is now down to 3-4 cigarettes a day so it obviously works.

I think those things only work if you WANT to quit though, which I do not.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 07:42 PM

my friend wanted to quit cigarettes and did it quite easily with the aid of the Ecigs but she doesn't want to stop using them, she's a nurse and says they're much safer than cigarettes and they help with the stress of caring for difficult patients and they're also a healthier substitute
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2014, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've never used them Steve, I gave up by using patches....(and gritting my teeth !) I hope that's not "sounding off or lecturing !"

Same here Alan. I managed to stop in 1996. Can't bear the smell of it now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
my friend wanted to quit cigarettes and did it quite easily with the aid of the Ecigs but she doesn't want to stop using them, she's a nurse and says they're much safer than cigarettes and they help with the stress of caring for difficult patients and they're also a healthier substitute
Do you know the brand - Steve would like to know the info ....
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 01:26 PM

I know many people who use ecigs all have bought them from the same supplier and not had a cigarette since they used them.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Do you know the brand - Steve would like to know the info ....
I'll ask her and get back to you

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top