Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:44 PM

Re: Who's had a colonoscopy before??

The worst part of it is the Preparation. The procedure itself is nothing. You are not aware of it.. and awoken when it's over. Oh.. and afterwards, the need to expell VOLUMES of air is pretty embarassing.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:44 PM

so you end up a bag of wind!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Did you know that you can have a colonic instead of those nasty laxatives? Not many hospitals offer it tho, but you could book one a few hours before the colonoscopy privately (about £60 I think).

Also, if anyone ever has a sigmoidoscopy - ask for an enema rather than laxatives. The reason they prefer laxatives is because it is less time/work for their them. Laxatives are nasty, and not without danger.

Now in my opinion, I would much rather have a laxative than an enema anyday.. Enemas are uncomfortable.. In nursing there is a such thing as a Tripple H enema.. Standing for HIGH... HOT.... and a HELLAVA LOT. No thank you!!!
AudreyII
USA

06-06-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
so you end up a bag of wind!

For sure... and its sounds more like a Tuba than a meer bag of wind.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 12:52 PM

too much oomph for me!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 01:41 PM

The one I had before the last one (have had several) was rather awkward, my daughter got us lost on the way back from the hospital, we went miles out of our way, needless to say the laxatives were still "active" I ended up using the loo in the most disgusting garage I've ever been to.
The last two times were a waste of time because when I had my appendix out the scarring blocked the entrance to the small bowel so they couldn't do it properly. Now I've been advised to have one every 5 years, due to genetic bowel cancer, not sure how that will work!
Hope everything goes well for you, Tena do pull ups, a God send!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 01:49 PM

Yes had that twice. Lots of wind!!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Now in my opinion, I would much rather have a laxative than an enema anyday.. Enemas are uncomfortable.. In nursing there is a such thing as a Tripple H enema.. Standing for HIGH... HOT.... and a HELLAVA LOT. No thank you!!!
Have you had both Audrey?

I would much prefer an enema any day of the week (I've had both). Laxtives are risky (can lead to kidney failure, as well as other complications) and you just feel so weak and poorly after having one. In comparison, there's a much lower risk with an enema (it's just water) and no where near as uncomfortable or as 'violent'. At least that's what I've found.
AudreyII
USA

06-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Have you had both Audrey?

I would much prefer an enema any day of the week (I've had both). Laxtives are risky (can lead to kidney failure, as well as other complications) and you just feel so weak and poorly after having one. In comparison, there's a much lower risk with an enema (it's just water) and no where near as uncomfortable or as 'violent'. At least that's what I've found.

Yes of course I have. I'm fine with Laxatives.. Never had a problem caused by them. NO enema for me is I can avoid it

Besides... an enema can only go so high, and does not do a thourough job of cleaning out the entire GI tract.. It's pretty much usesless for enteroscopy
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Besides... an enema can only go so high, and does not do a thourough job of cleaning out the entire GI tract.. It's pretty much usesless for enteroscopy
I agree with Audrey.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top