Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 06:28 PM

Re: Giving up Smoking

Not sure what you mean by site Patsy. I haven't used any site. I just went out and got a vaporiser a few weeks ago.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 06:36 PM

You can buy them with all the necessary flavours in Tesco at the cigarette counter.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 12:48 PM

I regard myself as very lucky in that I have never smoked - mainly due to "aversion therapy" at home. My mum, dad, granny and granddad all smoked heavily (as did most people in those days) and as a child I was so nauseated by the sight of them grinding out their fag butts on their plates after a meal that I couldn't bear the thought of putting a cigarette anywhere near my mouth. So, when all my mates started smoking, it held no glamour for me and when in the 60's they started smoking cannabis, that didn't appeal either.

I do have the utmost respect for anyone who manages to give up smoking - it must be one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. I have worked with heroin addicts who managed to give up heroin, but still couldn't beat their nicotine addiction.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I do have the utmost respect for anyone who manages to give up smoking - it must be one of the most difficult addictions to overcome. I have worked with heroin addicts who managed to give up heroin, but still couldn't beat their nicotine addiction.
Someone who has "been there and done it" - Thanks for that Mick.

In my past I knew H addicts and most of 'em were trying to get off it and on the programme - Methadone.

They still needed a lot of help, sometimes at very inconvenient times - for me that was!

Not one single one that I ever met EVER managed to give up smoking though.

Back then it was "just too far, man - too much"

It's is hard.

My battery on my vaporiser ran out @ 13:00 today - I don't smoke fags anymore so there's no back-up.

I was OK and I didn't get around to using my vaporiser until almost six o'clock.

To me, after 48 years that's an achievement.

I'll keep at it...............stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->

Me too MickB.

It is a hard addiction to overcome, but it can be done.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top