Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:05 PM

The Poor Old Plates

Not any diagnosed heart condition and on the doctors machine blood pressure still good, but after 2500 million beats perhaps showing some lack of urge. I started to take an interest in the condition of my feet recently, they were showing a bit of puffiness around the ankles and tingling and sometimes a numb feeling in the sole. I also remember reading that in the old blood can thicken and make the circulation from your pedal extremities slow.
I decided to embark on a bit of home therapy, started by spending 20 min before getting out of bed with the feet raised above the head, legs at about 45 deg. (feet on top of headboard) don't do this before retiring, you won't go to sleep as it oxygenates the brain. Then a bit of massage to the feet, tops and soles.
In my opinion this is proving quite beneficial, the feet feel a lot better and I resolve to get a bit more cycling and country walking in as well.
Has anyone else resorted to such measures ?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:10 PM

Re: The Poor Old Plates

I had the same symptoms a few years ago but it was due to blood pressure so now I take pills and feel fine
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:27 PM

I have burning hot pins and needles in my feet - hands and tingling in the legs, every single day and night. I cant rest my feet on a stool too long, due to the pressure. When I get up from bed, my feet are stiff for a while.
Would not however be able to do your trick there, pleased it worked for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have burning hot pins and needles in my feet - hands and tingling in the legs, every single day and night. I cant rest my feet on a stool too long, due to the pressure. When I get up from bed, my feet are stiff for a while.
Would not however be able to do your trick there, pleased it worked for you.
I get this in my toes Patsy but not the joints so guess it is nerve/circulation related.

I won't be going to the Drs though, I have had enough of them and their silly ideas over the last couple of years and will just continue to eat a good diet and take lots of exercise.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 05:01 PM

Good idea keeping an eye on the feet Eric they play an important part in our daily life don't they.

I was only thinking this morning mine could do with a bit of TLC and I looked out a bowl to soak them and some foot balm for a massage...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I get this in my toes Patsy but not the joints so guess it is nerve/circulation related.

I won't be going to the Drs though, I have had enough of them and their silly ideas over the last couple of years and will just continue to eat a good diet and take lots of exercise.
Yes its hard for me Meg, as its the whole of the feet, not just one part. Nerve endings are difficult to treat, Neurology has not solved this one yet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-06-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes its hard for me Meg, as its the whole of the feet, not just one part. Nerve endings are difficult to treat, Neurology has not solved this one yet.
....that must be horrible Patsy, it is bad enough in one part of the feet

I have been know to get up in the night and to stick my feet in cold water just to get a a different sensation .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-06-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
....that must be horrible Patsy, it is bad enough in one part of the feet

I have been know to get up in the night and to stick my feet in cold water just to get a a different sensation .
Use a lot of cold water in the summer, don't know if that's wise, no choice - I feel I can go mad !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Just a thought, I'm wondering if using a foot spa would give any relief to those of you with tingling feet? I have one, although I don't suffer with my feet, and find it very relaxing.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

09-06-2014, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just a thought, I'm wondering if using a foot spa would give any relief to those of you with tingling feet? I have one, although I don't suffer with my feet, and find it very relaxing.
A tiny washing up bowl and some baby bath bubbles does it for me Mags

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top