Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:46 PM

Re: Aspirin in the News

Aspirin is so yesterday..nowadays you must take Ibuprofen...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Not good advice - some people have very bad adverse reactions to that - give it a try yes - if no good - stop !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 04:56 PM

I can't get on with Ibuprofen..

But...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-old-time.html
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:02 PM

Ibuprofen can cause a number of side effects.
For this reason, take lowest possible dose of ibuprofen for the shortest possible time needed to control your symptoms.
lilac
West yorks uk

29-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Ibuprofen can cause a number of side effects.
For this reason, take lowest possible dose of ibuprofen for the shortest possible time needed to control your symptoms.
Well now apparently..it controls the effects of ageing..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:28 PM

Yes - you could 'die'
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Well now apparently..it controls the effects of ageing..
That's a new one..
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 09:29 AM

After losing 4 family members with brain haemorrhage I was told years ago by my gp that to keep my blood thin I should take a aspirin a day just a tiny one not one of those big buggers.

Ibuprofen is a funny one in the early years when I suffered a lot with infections because of my emphysema I also suffered a lot of pain with my teeth and was told never to take Ibuprofen because it would irritate my lungs. Well being a person that likes to do his own thing when it comes to meds/herbs I took them and eased my pain with no reaction whatsoever to my lungs if anything they seemed better whilst I was taking Ibuprofen and now I read that Ibuprofen "is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug" which answers why my lungs are better for taking them.
So really as some one has already wrote drugs react differently to everyone what maybe good or bad for some one could be the opposite for others.
I'll keep taking the Asprin and the Ibuprofen until something better comes along.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

30-06-2014, 10:03 AM

I can't take most NSAIDs ... I am asthmatic and it can bring on an attack. It meant when I had an op some time ago I got morphine based drugs for a short while..then paracetamol or nothing.

My elderly father is on a low dose aspirin type drug and has been for some time. His last blood test showed him to be anaemic so he had to have a fibroscopy to determine if he had a stomach ulcer. He didn't, but they have taken him off the aspirin and will test him again in a while to see if he is less anaemic. If not ..colonoscopy for him.

He had however been complaining of indigestion and so on, I am wondering if it was the aspirin. He says that has gone now he is off it.

Everyone is different and what suits one person might not suit another. Luckily our family doctor is brilliant - he rang up the clinic on a Monday and got dad in for the fibroscopy the following day, as he dad was going off on holiday and the doctor thought it should be sorted quickly.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2014, 10:08 AM

Having had five pulmonary Emboli, I am now prescribed Warfarin and will be on that permanently, so am not allowed Aspirin and as an asthmatic not allowed Volterol.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top