Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 12:33 PM

Re: Aspirin in the News

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I'm sorry but in my last post I thought I made it clear.

I quoted: -

"Many of the salicylates share the same properties as aspirin, although its anti‐platelet action is specific."

Is that not enough of an admission Audrey?

I also pointed out that I have Asthma and unfortunately I do suffer a lot from nasal congestion too so I need to check with my doctor regarding aspirin, although he's not said anything advising me on ibuprofen and I have told him I do take it occasionally for arthritis pain.

Finally, I may be wrong here but I thought you were a little sarcastic in your last response but then I've found in the past that anyone who has any knowledge of medicine on forums tends to be a little condescending and patronising at times.

It's OK though; I'm deaf and you get used to being treated in this way. stevmk2
Sorry you took it that way Steve.. I may be wrong also, but I find that anyone who has any knowledge of medical issues tends to be put down here for some reason.

Therefore.. I am stopping any comments offering insight from the medical aspect. People can feel free to carry on with what the think they know and continue to share misinformation... I'll continue to read and get a chuckle without trying to offer my help. Apparently my input is not perceived in the manor it was intended and that is to be helpful, but is perceived as me gloating or showing off. I can assure you... I get PAID for my knowledge I do not HAVE to give it away for free. I was just trying to contribute and be helpful. I'll not make THAT mistake here. I cannot speak for Pats, but I assume she has learned that lesson and feels the same.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Sorry you took it that way Steve.. I may be wrong also, but I find that anyone who has any knowledge of medical issues tends to be put down here for some reason.

Therefore.. I am stopping any comments offering insight from the medical aspect. People can feel free to carry on with what the think they know and continue to share misinformation... I'll continue to read and get a chuckle without trying to offer my help. Apparently my input is not perceived in the manor it was intended and that is to be helpful, but is perceived as me gloating or showing off. I can assure you... I get PAID for my knowledge I do not HAVE to give it away for free. I was just trying to contribute and be helpful. I'll not make THAT mistake here. I cannot speak for Pats, but I assume she has learned that lesson and feels the same.
Indeed. It would seem that that is what some people with medical knowledge have very sensibly done all along...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Indeed. It would seem that that is what some people with medical knowledge have very sensibly done all along...
Well... you know what they say.... live and learn.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top