Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:28 PM

Re: Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Just read about it, I've never heard of it! Hope everything goes well & the treatment works, it said chemo and possibly bone marrow transplant, I wonder if they have a stem-cell treatment. There's something new being developed all the time. x
Thank you Twiz. No we had never heard of it until today either. It sounds an awful disease. It took four weeks of tests before they came up with the diagnosis.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Just read about it, I've never heard of it! Hope everything goes well & the treatment works, it said chemo and possibly bone marrow transplant, I wonder if they have a stem-cell treatment. There's something new being developed all the time. x
Hi Twiz. No we had never heard of it either. It took the hospital four weeks to diagnose it. She is having Chemo now with a possibility of bone marrow if they can find the right donor.

Oops! Sent that twice. Oh well I'm a bit numb at the moment. X
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 12:15 AM

EZ What a worrying time for you and your family. I don't know if this link will help but thought it may be worth a look.
http://rarediseases.info.nih.gov/gar...is/resources/1
The more information you have on the subject will help enable you to cope better with the situation. Sending best wishes and hugs your way xx
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:37 AM

Hey EZ.
I'm sure all the above is a big help, and gives you somewhere to go. I also want to add a link that may be of some help.
I have a rare medical condition, and upon finding out about it, myself and the family were all stunned.
Fast forward a bit, and I can tell you what helped a lot was a support group that I found online. These people had been there, seen what could happen, etc. So they could relate to most of what was going on - the good and the bad.
So with that in mind, I had a wee search, and came up with this support group for HLH.

http://www.hlhsupport.org/

Not knowing anything about it, I can't tell you if it's any good or not, but hopefully will help to some degree.
I wish your family member, and all your family, all the best for the upcoming months. Being there for each other is just as valuable as any treatment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:21 AM

So sorry to hear this news EZ - very good of Amanda to inform you ....
Sincere good wishes for progress - keep positive, I know its hard x
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 07:29 AM

Bloody 'ell matey, I couldn't even get my tongue around it to pronounce it, but wishing your relative all the best. I used to be a blood donor and would willingly donate bone marrow had we been a match, but I don't think any of the medical profession would approve as I have been prescribed long term Warfarin and I don't think your relative would benefit.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:32 AM

Hi EZ ... so sorry to hear this bad news ... best wishes to you and your family and especially to the young lady concerned
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-07-2014, 09:35 PM

Many thanks one and all for your kind comments. We were there visiting today and it was so upsetting to see her so ill. She had a bone marrow biopsy and a CT scan today but no results yet. Unfortunately she googled HLH herself yesterday so now realises how seriously ill she is. We are all praying that the disease is in its primary stage and not the secondary.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Many thanks one and all for your kind comments. We were there visiting today and it was so upsetting to see her so ill. She had a bone marrow biopsy and a CT scan today but no results yet. Unfortunately she googled HLH herself yesterday so now realises how seriously ill she is. We are all praying that the disease is in its primary stage and not the secondary.
How terrible to find that your beloved family member has such a rare and serious illness EZ Rider....

Each step has to be taken with love and support.

My thoughts are with you.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

02-07-2014, 10:22 PM

Thank you so much Pats. I must make it plain that Ruby is not one of my immediate family. She is the daughter of my eldest son's wife's sister...yes that's it..i think! Ever since she could speak she has called me Grandad so I feel as though she is one of mine.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top