Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 10:27 PM

Re: Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH)

Sending best wishes to you all EZ, an awful shock for everyone concerned
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:16 AM

Thank you Mags XX
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bloody 'ell matey, I couldn't even get my tongue around it to pronounce it, but wishing your relative all the best. I used to be a blood donor and would willingly donate bone marrow had we been a match, but I don't think any of the medical profession would approve as I have been prescribed long term Warfarin and I don't think your relative would benefit.
Thanks Joe. Its really does help to know people care. She is being taken to Kings College today. Nothing sinister showed up on the CT scan thank God and she is starting a treatment of steroids today.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Thanks Joe. Its really does help to know people care. She is being taken to Kings College today. Nothing sinister showed up on the CT scan thank God and she is starting a treatment of steroids today.

You're very welcome matey - chin up, stay positive, she will get better in due course.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-07-2014, 11:57 PM

The latest update. She is now in Kings College Hospital London where they have far more experience of this awful disease. They have found she also has Glandular Fever which the HLH is feeding on so the two problems are being treated together. She is making slow progress and has been eating a little.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:26 AM

The latest update. She is now in Kings College Hospital London where they have far more experience of this awful disease. They have found she also has Glandular Fever which the HLH is feeding on so the two problems are being treated together. She is making slow progress and has been eating a little.

Oh matey, one damn thing after another, but good to know the hospital are treating her properly and she is progressing. What she now needs is a few of my 'piglet pies' - they will build up her strength and resistance!!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Glad to hear she is in the right place, EZ. I wonder if the glandular fever was the trigger. Fingers crossed that both will be successfully treated and cured.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 06:45 PM

Yes cases of HLH are often precipitated by acute infections EZ.

It is good to hear that she is making some progress and is in very good hands at KCH.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 09:21 PM

So sorry to hear this. I'd definitely look for a support group.

My son has a rare condition and even the paediatrician who had worked for years in the hospital had never come across the condition. My health visitor then found a support group and I couldn't believe it!!

It's just great hearing from people who are experiencing what you are.

There's always hope xx
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-07-2014, 02:37 PM

Hopefully this will be the last post from me on this subject. Ruby is now very much on the mend. She is eating a little and putting on weight. Still on Steroids which will be slowly reduced over the coming days. Unfortunately her immune system is virtually non existent so she will be on antibiotics for the foreseeable future and barring anymore setbacks she could be home within a few days. Thank you all for your concern and encouraging messages.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top