Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:47 PM

Re: Loneliness in later life

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hello Raquel - how you doing me ol china
Lol yes that's OK but what do I call him ?
(no expletives) !

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
When I had two female dogs, collectively they were always known as "the girls". Individually, my small dog was called "little girlie" and the large one "big girlie"! Sadly my "little girlie" died a few months ago but next month I'll be having a small male dog who'll probably end up being called "little man". Very odd!
'Little man' is sometimes how I refer to one of the cats ~ in a kind of jovial way

My Mum always called our cats 'the babes'
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Sorry for butting in to your thread. I was reading all the posts and hope everyone who wants companionship can get it. You never know who, or what, is round the corner.

A friend of mines was due to retire, along with his wife, and they had all sorts of plans made. Just when they were about to retire, she took ill and passed away. I felt gutted for him. I felt as though she'd been snatched away from him, just when they were going to really enjoy the rest of their lives together. He went on to live another fifteen years. Just getting on with his own life, trying to fill in the gaps. He's now dead but I think about him often and how you need to live life for the moment.

I now have a partner, but we both live in our own homes. Round about when my husband left me, after 33 years, my sons also flew the nest. So it's very strange cooking meals for one and tidying up after one

I was lucky in that I was still fit enough to join a walking group. This was a life line to me.

I also work and enjoy company at work. Sometimes in the evening I think about how it used to be and can't believe how it is now.

I think online sites like these are brilliant for people who are either on their own or housebound.

I wish I could wave a wand and all of you who can't have a pet could have one

May, you would be more than welcome to come out with us on a Saturday with the Ramblers. We often meet at Buchanan Street bus station or Queen Street Station. Just a suggestion. We're a friendly bunch
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Lol yes that's OK but what do I call him ?
(no expletives) !
Del Boy - of course
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Del Boy - of course
Hmmmm I shall give that some thought
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2014, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmm I shall give that some thought
Its OK gal - had me bit of fun, Rachel suits you
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

08-07-2014, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by patsy ->
its ok gal - had me bit of fun, rachel suits you :-d

. . . .
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2014, 12:46 PM

I agree once the family move out and you no longer have a partner it is a challenge. I have live alone since I was 47, I have my cat. I moved many miles from where I used to live so it has not been easy to make more friends.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top