Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Are You Really Reelaaaxxxed?

Years ago when I had trouble relaxing I'd listen to a tape of the subject.
It really helped & made me understand that even though we think we're relaxed there are tiny muscles which are tight & we never realize it.
This tape talked you into a wonderful relaxed state where you lie down, you purposely tell various parts of your body to completely let go.
This included your brow, your eyelids, your mouth (jaw), upper arms, everything. It worked from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.
It was amazing how much we 'clench' or tighten up little areas on our body & don't know, it becomes part of everyday life.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Re: Are You Really Reelaaaxxxed?

The thing that relaxes me the most is a head massage..I fall asleep in the space of 2 mins...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:44 PM

I have no prolem relaxing. Had a great full body massage last week. I find that exercise helps.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 02:58 PM

I feel relaxed at the end of a long walk. When I'm really stressed then my shoulders are aching. It's really uncomfortable. I love back massages.
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:03 PM

I occasionally have a reflexology foot massage, it is so very relaxing. I feel like I'm floating when I leave.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Yes autumn, practise this technique when I am really tense, have been doing so for many years. It was also included in stress relief sessions my friend and I used to hold on a weekly basis. I hold a qualification for massage, we also used to give hand massages in our classes which can be as relaxing as having a full body massage.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Years ago when I had trouble relaxing I'd listen to a tape of the subject.
It really helped & made me understand that even though we think we're relaxed there are tiny muscles which are tight & we never realize it.
This tape talked you into a wonderful relaxed state where you lie down, you purposely tell various parts of your body to completely let go.
This included your brow, your eyelids, your mouth (jaw), upper arms, everything. It worked from the top of your head to the tip of your toes.
It was amazing how much we 'clench' or tighten up little areas on our body & don't know, it becomes part of everyday life.

Just look at me in my riser/recliner armchair (see my profile page) and tell me I'm not totally relaxed darlin'.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:22 PM

That may be good for your body..what about your mind??

Happy to just sit there then?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
That may be good for your body..what about your mind??

Happy to just sit there then?

Yup!!!!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by venus ->
I hold a qualification for massage, we also used to give hand massages in our classes
Some would be in a state of euphoria at the mere thought

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top