Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 02:55 PM

Re: Football players pay rise

I don't think I am asking for a good salary just enough to live on would do me.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Unless you work for royalty, I can't see domestic staff ever getting a good salary. That's the reality of things from what I know of.

My partner paid his housekeeper £12 an hour, which I thought was very good. It was more than I get

Do work at royal residents myra , staff get minnuim wage , some get to live in but many don't the wages are terrible
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Do work at royal residents myra , staff get minnuim wage , some get to live in but many don't the wages are terrible
Yes Markey, in my own little world I stupidly think some people will get some benefits and perks working for certain people. Of course it's not always the case. I've never worked anywhere that you get bonuses or the likes. I hear about the bonuses the workers of Santander get each year and it's more than a year's salary for me. How the hell can anyone justify that? They're already getting well paid. That's banks for you. I don't grudge anyone an extra penny, but I do hope that they appreciate what they have. Some families are struggling to pay rent. It's an unfair world imo.

Edit: And I point blank refuse to believe that they work harder than most people trying to scrape by.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 03:53 PM

After my job in IT, I worked as a school janitor. Reasonable pay for a fairly menial job - about £19k pa. It was salaried and had a final salary pension. (I should be getting that this year)

The cleaners were employed by a cleaning firm and the contract was out to tender every two years. The cleaners were an OK bunch, but some were a bit lazy. Most of the older ones just did it for 'pin money' because they had a spouse with a good income. They didn't really care much about the job.

It was the same with the support staff. Many of them, like myself, were semi-retired and worked to keep themselves busy and not so much for the money.

AS for footballers, millionaires etc... I don't really care what they earn. I have always had a career where I could advance and have a reasonable income. Some people earned less than me and some a hell of a lot more.
We've got to look after ourselves and make the best of what we've got.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:03 PM

Some of the highest payed people in `sport` play baseball-shoot I was pretty good at rounders at primary school-missed out there
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
After my job in IT, I worked as a school janitor. Reasonable pay for a fairly menial job - about £19k pa. It was salaried and had a final salary pension. (I should be getting that this year)

The cleaners were employed by a cleaning firm and the contract was out to tender every two years. The cleaners were an OK bunch, but some were a bit lazy. Most of the older ones just did it for 'pin money' because they had a spouse with a good income. They didn't really care much about the job.

It was the same with the support staff. Many of them, like myself, were semi-retired and worked to keep themselves busy and not so much for the money.

AS for footballers, millionaires etc... I don't really care what they earn. I have always had a career where I could advance and have a reasonable income. Some people earned less than me and some a hell of a lot more.
We've got to look after ourselves and make the best of what we've got.
Yes that's true. Anyway, I do think you cut your cloth to suit your needs. If you earn a basic wage then you try and manage the best you can.

It does help when you enjoy your job. Maybe not so good wages, but self worth and contentment does help. I always feel sorry for those who earn a pittance and HATE their job. They probably dread a Monday morning. Now that is a shame
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
But without the support staff they wouldn't be able to even play a game. They need the cleaners etc to be able to kick a ball.
Of course, they need cleaners to clean out the showers and changing rooms so here we are Give us a good wage and the tips
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Yes that's true. Anyway, I do think you cut your cloth to suit your needs. If you earn a basic wage then you try and manage the best you can.

It does help when you enjoy your job. Maybe not so good wages, but self worth and contentment does help. I always feel sorry for those who earn a pittance and HATE their job. They probably dread a Monday morning. Now that is a shame
I love my job but if I can't afford to live in this area (and it's becoming obvious I can't) then exactly where do I go ? we all need wages that pay enough to live where we work, or everyone will be doing their own cleaning because we will be in a ghetto up the road unable to get to you.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 09:03 PM

If I were a rich man I would sooner have a good cleaning lady in my mansion than own a football team, footballers and games are one thing and only worth the playing of, and some of these glorified one trick wonders, womanisers, and public whingers think they are the only onion in the stew, but a good cleaning lady is worth her weight in pure gold.
In the old days the well to do would try to swipe a good cleaner from their friends, make tempting offers of more money and better conditions, cleaners, cooks, nannies, and butlers of good reputation were highly thought of and an asset to pass down to your children, indeed many children got more love from their nannies and house staff then they did from their own parents. Give me a good housekeeper to manage my home and I'm as happy as Larry, that is of course providing I was a single rich man, as it is I have to settle for the wife God bless her.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 09:27 PM

I must admit that while I could afford to buy a reasonable house when I moved to Hampshire, by the time I left, I couldn't. New small semis started at around £250k - not the £13k that I paid. My employer also paid all the relocation expenses, loans and interim accomodation. I doubt if many firms do that now. Unless you're a footballer??

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top