Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:03 PM

Nuisance Caller (Me)

I am going into work tomorrow for the last time. I've lost my job as a telemarketing agent after just a couple of weeks. (Just to be clear, I'm not taking a moral stand. I lost the job because I didn't get enough `bites' for the last couple of days). I've registered with this forum purely because I realised many older people don't know how to handle these calls. So if you've got a question about them I'll do my best to answer (But bear in mind that I haven't worked there long).
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:09 PM

Re: Nuisance Caller (Me)

Welcome to the forum Nuisance, and I will keep an eye on your thread to see if I can learn something.
But I am afraid that once I realise the call is an unwanted one I have only one answer.
**** off!
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:10 PM

You'd be surprised how few people swore at me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:11 PM

Fair enough.

My question is this: does anyone ever train you how to speak and what first to say when the receiver is lifted the other end of your call?

I ask this because it's one of the most irritating things in the world to hear a strange voice, someone you don't know saying something like, "Is that ruthio?" or "hello how are you today?".

My reply is always, "Well that very much depends on who you are, why don't you introduce yourself properly?!"
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:14 PM

We have a script, but can personalise it. So long as the all the right information is given.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nuisance ->
You'd be surprised how few people swore at me.
You obviously didn't come across me then Nuisance.
Did you?
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:29 PM

We had zero training. We came in for a day to see what the job was like, put a headset on to listen to an agent taking live calls and then tried out answering calls for ourselves while the recruiter listened to us the same way. At the end of the day I had two bites and the recruiter offered me a full time job on the spot because I have a good telephone manner.
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:36 PM

The cheeky ones are the best.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:43 PM

Evening Nuisance....I want to know how to stop them and do you deal with the 'Press 5 to whatever or Press 9 to opt out'.

And, how long does it take for you/them to give up when all you get is answering machine
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 07:54 PM

If I get an answering machine I immediately hang up. When I do the computer has a list of options to pick from depending on how that call went. There is an Answering Machine option. I have no phone, I sit in front of a computer with a headset on.
Numbers are being dialled automatically by computers. When a line answers it is automatically put through to an agent. The computer can't tell the difference between a person or an answering machine picking up.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top