Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:28 PM

Re: Nuisance Caller (Me)

Nuisance, l am intrigued as to why, out of the hundreds of similar sites, that you chose this one!
Why was this site the 'Chosen One' or do you intend joining other similar sites to spread the word?
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by JainieB ->
I have the TPS but still get some calls. I just say no thank you and hang up.
Indicating that you're not interested won't stop them calling you again next time they have an offer. You have to tell them that you're on TPS.
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Nuisance, l am intrigued as to why, out of the hundreds of similar sites, that you chose this one!
Why was this site the 'Chosen One' or do you intend joining other similar sites to spread the word?
I don't have time to 'spread the word' while looking for a new job.
I Googled 'getting nuisance calls forum' and this was the first one full of older people from the UK.
sawdust
New Member!
Hampshire, uk.
sawdust is male 

12-10-2016, 10:38 PM

Hi, is there anyone that they call interested in what ever there selling.
I will admit I was only about 2 months ago, a lady introduced her self saying she is from Vergin TV and she new my name then said that I have just down graded my TV package and she was right I had, she then said she will up grade it to its original for £20 less that what I am paying now, she asked for my password, as it was such a good deal I gave it to her and I went away a happy man.
1 month later I got my first bill, it had not changed, I phoned them up and asked what happened with my latest offer, the man said it must of been a hoax.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:39 PM

bit different but on the same theme.

We some years ago moved into a brand new house and a few weeks later we had a knock on the door. yes a cold caller trying to sell double glazing.
So it went like this

Seller " can I interest you in installing double glazing ?"

Us "No sorry not interested"

Seller " every one on this estate are saying the same thing, normally i get at least some interest shown"

Us " Have you looked at the windows on this estate?"

Seller " No ?"

Us " Well to save you a lot of time and leg work, if you had looked properly, every house has been built with double glazing !!!

Seller walks away embarrassed

Pratt
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by sawdust ->
Hi, is there anyone that they call interested in what ever there selling.
I will admit I was only about 2 months ago, a lady introduced her self saying she is from Vergin TV and she new my name then said that I have just down graded my TV package and she was right I had, she then said she will up grade it to its original for £20 less that what I am paying now, she asked for my password, as it was such a good deal I gave it to her and I went away a happy man.
1 month later I got my first bill, it had not changed, I phoned them up and asked what happened with my latest offer, the man said it must of been a hoax.
I'm sorry to hear about that, a con artist knows the best way to get private details is to ask directly.

Of course some people take an interest, there'd be no economic gain if absolutely no-one took up the offer.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:58 PM

How do you feel or react when someone (like me) sounds very interested indeed and encourages you by keeping you talking for as long as possible, without agreeing to buy?

What is the longest that any of these nasty people has kept you on the line?
Nuisance
East Anglia, UK
Nuisance is male 

12-10-2016, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How do you feel or react when someone (like me) sounds very interested indeed and encourages you by keeping you talking for as long as possible, without agreeing to buy?

What is the longest that any of these nasty people has kept you on the line?
That hasn't really happened to me. Probably because my job isn't to actually sell anything, just to find out if a person has any interest in an offer.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:15 PM

On the job fronti have to say that some of the self employed jobs i would never have thought of. For example when we moved in the existing oven was in a terrible state, looked as if it had never been cleaned. We found a person who did oven cleaning for business and domestic ovens. yes he charged £150 to do the oven and extractor fan but when he finished you could not tell the oven from new. We also had leafs blocking the gutter and apart from not liking heights it was impossible for me to get to the gutter roof over the conservatory. Again found a local chap that did it and he used a large vacuum sucket on the floor with a long pipe that reach and hooked over the gutter. Again did a fantastic job, looking at the equipment he used called Skyvac. Looking at their web site equipment cost from £1150+vat upwards.

That is just a couple of strange jobs I would never have thought of and I have no connection with any company.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nuisance ->
I hope this is of some help
Yes it helps thanks. Confirms that I was right and why my system works 100%.

I haven't had any nuisance calls for some months now which is what I expected.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top