Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 11:03 PM

Re: Friends

You need to find out who your friends are in a safe environment, like in Die Hard, you need to pass on a bullet less firearm to Hans, and see what is made of it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 11:04 PM

You also need to watch the Names.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 11:06 PM

Talking of friends, where's our friend Tpin gone all of a sudden?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

18-10-2016, 11:11 PM

He maybe in the Shed, that's where Blokes retire to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 07:33 AM

I have two really close friends - both have keys to my house, one even has emergency access to my bank account so my cats would not suffer if anything happened to me. I would trust them both with my life.

I have four more that I would class as good friends - we meet regularly and put the world to rights - I know they would be there for me if I needed them and they know the same about me.

Then there are several lovely acquaintences!

Friends are gifts that I treasure and life has been generous to me in that respect.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 07:56 AM

I get on well with most of the people I meet on a regular basis and some could be called friends, especially some of my near neighbours ..and the bloke down the pub However, they don't make the same type of friend as those people I've known for 30 years or longer.

I suppose that's because those friends have been there supporting me/us through thick and thin over that time. I'd always do anything I could for them.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 08:36 AM

As I have mentioned before, I would never trust, or call anyone a friend, whom I had only met on-line. In the late 90s, when I first started posting on forums, I met a woman whom I thought was a friend and parted with £1000 when I was touched by their tale of woe. Of course I was taken for a ride when I discovered they had taken other forum members in as well! If they had directly asked me for money none would have been forthcoming, they were cleverer than that! I have also met people in person whom I had first met on forums only to discover they were in reality nothing like they presented themselves on-line.
Tiggy winkle
Uk
Tiggy winkle is female  Tiggy winkle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 04:03 PM

I don't have a huge circle of friends, but the ones I have are brilliant. They are the ones that stayed with me when the rest walked out the door so to speak.
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 04:16 PM

Very true tarantula, you cannot tell, from a few exchanged words on a forum what the person is like, they can present their selves which way they like, either to gain people's confidence or as your experience found out money.
I have long standing friends from school and work, who I can meet up for a chat as and when we can, we don't talk every day, week or month but we are always there for each other. My partner is also my best friend and can talk about anything.
I pop in and out of several forums that I'm on, and call people on these forums acquaintances, and would never put myself in a vunerable position.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 06:04 PM

How important are friends to you? I mean people you know not Social network ones. Do you have a great need for friends or are you happy with family or just your partner? Do you keep people at arms length due to painful experiences with friends? I find a lot of people are too busy for friends or happy with family only. I can spend a lot of time alone but I do get fed up of my own company at times.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top