Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 11:43 AM

Re: Do You Sleep With....

My Grandmother was also a great 'opera' fan, although she could never afford to go, nonetheless she bought a good collection of old '78's and I remember this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg3Uz9UFJPI

I think it was my Grandmother who gave me my passion for classical music and in particular opera.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 01:36 PM

Re: Do You Sleep With....

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
My Grandmother was also a great 'opera' fan, although she could never afford to go, nonetheless she bought a good collection of old '78's and I remember this too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rg3Uz9UFJPI

I think it was my Grandmother who gave me my passion for classical music and in particular opera.
Hi Joe Boy. I like a lot of music , but when it comes down to the classics I guess I am what is often called a classical tart. Meaning that I just love the well know passages and just hate the other 98%.
Your song now, great music that has been covered by most of the Italian operatic sopranos over the years. In fact I often wonder why they do sing the same old songs over and over again. Ok they are good, but have the Italians in particular stopped finding or writing new material?

Opera mate, like a evening at Glyndbourne , you can keep that as it would send me off to sleep. So guess that is the ultimate sleeping with the door open

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top