Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:41 AM

Re: Do You Sleep With....

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I leave the door open so the cats can prowl, access their litter tray, disembowel each other in the hall, practice their choral oratorios, indulge their drug habit (catnip sends them high), have a midnight feast and (in Nemo's case) use the 'phone and switch the lights on and off !

That's exactly the reasons I keep mine closed.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 09:48 AM

I always leave mine open, but it is good to hear that I am not the only person who does it to accommodate my pets.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Always shut-there is too much light from modern technology-my phone,my doorbell,it goes on.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:14 AM

Sleeping deeply one night with the door slightly open I was awoken by my bedroom door being quietly pushed open half way , the room was completely dark I couldn't see a thing , again the door moved as it scraped the carpet , I listened , I stayed still , the door moved again opening wide , my heart was hammering , I was frozen and couldn't move , I dare not speak thinking I was going to be harmed , minutes passed as I tried to see who was there . Eventually I put the light on terrified of who was in my home breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it was the wind . Now I have door open with a door stop to keep it still .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:16 AM

Always open my 'guard dog' has a dog bed in the bedroom but likes to keep an eye and ear on the whole house during the night .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:24 AM

Open ..unless we have friends or family staying.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Sleeping deeply one night with the door slightly open I was awoken by my bedroom door being quietly pushed open half way , the room was completely dark I couldn't see a thing , again the door moved as it scraped the carpet , I listened , I stayed still , the door moved again opening wide , my heart was hammering , I was frozen and couldn't move , I dare not speak thinking I was going to be harmed , minutes passed as I tried to see who was there . Eventually I put the light on terrified of who was in my home breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it was the wind . Now I have door open with a door stop to keep it still .
Blimey Susan had me holding my breath there
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 11:04 AM

Nothing to do with this but I do admit I smoked herbal mixture a long time ago. Iron man was on the turntable as my bedroom door crept open-below my eye line was a cat
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 11:07 AM

I leave the door open it was originally so that the cats could come and go without waking me up. Now it is because when I am in the house on my own I want to be able to hear any noises around the house.

The window usually starts open but if I go to the bathroom about 3 am I close it.

Susan your story was so funny at the end
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I leave the door open so the cats can prowl, access their litter tray, disembowel each other in the hall, practice their choral oratorios, indulge their drug habit (catnip sends them high), have a midnight feast and (in Nemo's case) use the 'phone and switch the lights on and off !
LOL

Absolutely ! Although my two prefer to use the downstairs phone. It's only a cordless one in the bedroom and pressing the buttons on that is too complicated

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top