Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:20 PM

A question for meat eaters?

In the UK our meat eating seems takes the form of that from cows, sheep, pigs, deer, rabbits, poultry/game birds and fish. In France they eat also horses and snails. In China dogs are thought to be quite tasty. Maybe we should be thinking of eating dogs here in the UK if they are edible, the animal shelters are overwhelmed with dogs they can't house, so why not? I will now put on my flak jacket and helmet before retiring to a bomb proof shelter!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:25 PM

Re: A question for meat eaters?

Heh heh,You mad fool You ...I love meat,but I've never eaten a wee bunny wabbit,so I would never eat a wee puppy dog either
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:32 PM

Tarantula, why are you so determined to try and annoy animal lovers? I can only assume you are trying to make yourself the most unpopular person on the forum, as there are many animal lovers on here!
All I can say is please stop trying because I think you have achieved your aim!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:34 PM

Oooooo asking for trouble.
I am a carnivore. I have tried horse in France, by mistake, it was ok though.
As all of us have at least 2% Neanderthal in our DNA, those of us that have more than 2% may relish the thought. However, it is insects that will have to replace the global shortage of food, not in our lifetime, I hope.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:36 PM

I think the difference is we love and live with dogs, I've known people have chickens or sheep can't eat their flesh either. It's about how close we are to them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
In the UK our meat eating seems takes the form of that from cows, sheep, pigs, deer, rabbits, poultry/game birds and fish. In France they eat also horses and snails. In China dogs are thought to be quite tasty. Maybe we should be thinking of eating dogs here in the UK if they are edible, the animal shelters are overwhelmed with dogs they can't house, so why not? I will now put on my flak and helmet before retiring to a bomb proof shelter!
Are you a vegitarian or vegan Tarantula?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:42 PM

We eat deer - so in theory why not dogs.
I mean - can you imagine eating Bambi?

This is a generalisation - not something I'd do myself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 12:47 PM

I've also eaten (and enjoyed) Camel, Crocodile, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, water buffalo, & Wildebeeste.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Civilised humans eat only those mammals that feed on vegetation and not on the meat of other mammalian animals.
There are other relatively uncivilised groups who are the exeption and ignore these long established rules of hygiene and safety.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I've also eaten (and enjoyed) Camel, Crocodile, Eland, Kangaroo, Kudu, Ostrich, water buffalo, & Wildebeeste.
Not all on the same plate I hope UJ ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top