Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Re: Aren't Doctor's Waiting Rooms Strange Places?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I book online so can choose my time slot

Gone are the days when the Dr told you to 'roll up your sleeve' and took it there and then
We're fortunate to have both these things! Online advance booking AND docs taking bloods! And we've yet to be told there were no appointments available on days we've rung for one - even had a choice of times on occasion!

We love our surgery.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:22 PM

My surgery has all but stopped the EMIS online bookings now.
Pity, it was really handy. I think they were getting too many people booking and not turning up.
Now we mostly have to ring on the day, or wait 5 weeks for an online slot.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:26 PM

Our doctor is good about visiting my husband, if for some reason I can't get him to the surgery, and he needs to be seen.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My surgery has all but stopped the EMIS online bookings now.
Pity, it was really handy. I think they were getting too many people booking and not turning up.
Now we mostly have to ring on the day, or wait 5 weeks for an online slot.
Yes ours only really takes repeat prescriptions through emis now. Sad really as it was very useful when it was working.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 05:54 PM

I downloaded an app for my ipad to book online appointments. And it has proved useful on several occasions.

I can also order repeat scrips but prefer to just call my pharmacist.
Tiggy winkle
Uk
Tiggy winkle is female  Tiggy winkle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 12:20 PM

My surgery recently moved to new premises, lovely old house all refurbished, but the waiting areas are very bland, no magazines to read to pass the time, nothing to entertain the kids.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top