Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 08:02 PM

Fireworks

Anyone dreading Firework time ? At the end of the month is Diwali ,[ festival of light ],followed by Guy Fawkes. Luckily my two present animals dont seem very bothered by the noise , but a few years ago both my dog and cat were terrified, trembling wrecks poor little creaturess,This is the first time we've had fireworks since getting our new dog, so not sure how he'll react, last night he was in the garden when some went off, he couldnt wait to get in
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 08:23 PM

Re: Fireworks

Apparently putting a dog coats or jumpers on dogs helps them feel safer when fireworks are about. Our vet sells special vests for them.
I knitted a jumper for a friend's dog which seemed to calm her last year.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Apparently putting a dog coats or jumpers on dogs helps them feel safer when fireworks are about. Our vet sells special vests for them.
Aaah that sounds cute Tess, I suppose it's a bit like the old security blanket and swaddling wrap on new babies.

I reckon there should be laws to stop fireworks going off before 5 November. People with pets always know the 5th is the night, but sadly it starts well before that and scares the living daylights out of animals, not just pets, before the 5th has even arrived.
And then it goes on some after that ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 08:38 PM

I don't know whatever pleasure people get from the loud ones.
I do like the pretty ones at displays but not the loud ones.
How many years have folk been complaining yet nothing is done about regulating them?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 08:46 PM

I don't know whatever pleasure people get from the loud ones.
I do like the pretty ones at displays but not the loud ones.
How many years have folk been complaining yet nothing is done about regulating them?
True.

Some of them sound like cannons going off don't they?

Funnily enough there was just a few bangs outside then...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 09:47 PM

Im looking forward to them, hoping to try a bit of nigh-time photography.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2016, 09:53 PM

I must try that. Poor little ChoCho is petrified of fireworks and of course we get so many fireworks going off here for one fiesta or another, it can be a nightmare at times.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 04:55 AM

Attach cats to skyrockets. Insert putty into dogs' ears.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:25 AM

I like some fireworks but not the ones with load bangs that sound like bombs going off. Not many people in my street let fireworks off these days when I first moved here they had a street bonfire. So far it has been very quiet but that might change come the weekend.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:50 AM

No problem in NSW; fireworks have not been available (unless you have a permit) for 30 years. Even the loophole of buying them in the ACT has been closed.

Saved a lot of kids from burns and blindness.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top