Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:41 AM

Re: Shaken and slightly angry tonight

Don't complain about the cops behaviour Julie....their disinterest will just upset you more.
We have the worst Police Service in the western world at present, minimum manpower and minimum commitment along with maximum corruption.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:56 AM

Having just read this, I hope you are feeling better this morning Julie. Itīs a horrible experience when something like this happens and not helped by the attitude of the police. This method of bag snatching was common here a few years ago but thankfully seems to have stopped now, I hope it isnīt making a come back. I hope you soon feel better and in future get someone to walk to your car with you, if possible.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:01 AM

How are you feeling today Julie?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:14 AM

So sorry to hear what happened to you Julie. I hope you are feeling better today. I know it's a hard thing to accept but there are still a lot of very nice people out there. The scumbags are still the minority at the moment.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:28 AM

Julie, l am really sorry to hear this, what a dreadful fright for you. I hope your head is not too sore and that your shoulder pain has eased.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2348.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	2166  
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:57 AM

Thank you everyone, very stiff neck and shoulder this morning and didn't sleep well I kept turning onto my sore head, I hit it on the paving when I fell backwards. Don't think I went down very gracefully.

Neighbour found my bag when he went up the road for his paper this morning, purse was gone and my emergency medications bag, been onto the GP this morning and she has put me a prescription at the counter I can pick up after 3pm. Very quick service I was surprised.

Only thing bothers me was I lost a picture of Tasha I carry, Steven is going to make another copy for me though so not the end of the world.

Rang police when the bag was returned, felt I had dated their time ringing again

Neighbours have rung the council and they have contacted new vision homes to get the light bulbs in the car park replaced, we've been asking for weeks but it took this to happen to make them listen. It was dark in the carpark so it was taking me longer to unlock my car I'm blaming that for not being aware who was around I'm not usually so unaware, it's not a scary place but there are dark corners keep me nervy so I'm usually looking about to check there is no one about.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Terrible thing to happen, I hope you are feeling better today.

Actually the same thing happened to my niece. She was crossing the road and a man grabbed her shoulder dag through a passing car window, unfortunately she was dragged along as the car sped off, eventually the strap broke and she was left lying in the road injured and upset.

There are some terrible people in this world, don't let them make you lose your confidence it's them who are the baddies keep that in mind and dust yourself off.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Thank you everyone, very stiff neck and shoulder this morning and didn't sleep well I kept turning onto my sore head, I hit it on the paving when I fell backwards. Don't think I went down very gracefully.

Neighbour found my bag when he went up the road for his paper this morning, purse was gone and my emergency medications bag, been onto the GP this morning and she has put me a prescription at the counter I can pick up after 3pm. Very quick service I was surprised.

Only thing bothers me was I lost a picture of Tasha I carry, Steven is going to make another copy for me though so not the end of the world.

Rang police when the bag was returned, felt I had dated their time ringing again

Neighbours have rung the council and they have contacted new vision homes to get the light bulbs in the car park replaced, we've been asking for weeks but it took this to happen to make them listen. It was dark in the carpark so it was taking me longer to unlock my car I'm blaming that for not being aware who was around I'm not usually so unaware, it's not a scary place but there are dark corners keep me nervy so I'm usually looking about to check there is no one about.
Those items are replaceable, thankfully. Cards stopped, good, money, unfortunately not. You? Not so replaceable! . Have plenty of rest till fully recovered. It's not that long since you suffered that dog bite, is it? You really are going through a bit of a bad time. In future, please keep your bag strap across your chest, so they can't take it easily. Xx
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:48 AM

Not nice to hear this news Julie, but I am hoping you will recover quickly and I send you good wishes.
confused.com
North Wales
confused.com is female  confused.com has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:49 AM

Horrified to read this,hope you feel a little better today.xx

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top