Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:47 PM

Re: Shaken and slightly angry tonight

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've heard similar things about the police. In today's Which? magazine, for example, some reports of fraudulent activity and, guess what? Yes, the police weren't interested.

Which begs the question, what do the police actually do these days?
Sadly, the majority still play at being pIs Sed with power Little Hitlers
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Hec Julie.... so sorry to read what happened to you last night. What a frightening experience.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:30 PM

Just saw this,

The main thing is that you're ok Julie....
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Julie, hope you are ok and will overcome the trauma of it all. Take care, God bless.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:45 PM

Sorry to hear this Julie. You must have been brave when they put your shoulder back in. I've seen this done with 2 nurses and a tea towel and it looked a bit brutal. The world is changing as we all know. Crime will increase so we have to expect this kind of crap.

If nothing else it will make you more aware. Not a bad thing in itself.

Get well soon
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The world is changing as we all know. Crime will increase so we have to expect this kind of crap.
True. And if things continue the way they are - police showing no interest in some sorts of crime - people will begin to take the law into their own hands.

Can't the government see this?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:12 PM

True. And if things continue the way they are - police showing no interest in some sorts of crime - people will begin to take the law into their own hands.

I'm inclined to agree with you there JBR.
Those than are able bodied enough, will sort it out themselves.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Can they see anything?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm inclined to agree with you there JBR.
Those than are able bodied enough, will sort it out themselves.
And those who are not will, hopefully, find that some public spirited people who are will do the decent thing and stick up for them.

I know that funding for the police has been heavily reduced (another short-sighted political decision, of course), but this lack of support cannot continue. If it does, I can foresee public opinion resulting in the government of the day losing its seats in parliament.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
.... Crime will increase so we have to expect this kind of crap.....
True. And if things continue the way they are - police showing no interest in some sorts of crime - people will begin to take the law into their own hands.....
Is there any actual evidence that crime is increasing in the UK?
I don't think that is the case in Australia.
Is it crime in general, crime involving violence, corporate crime, property crime .... ?

I'm always intrigued by tales of the 'good old days'.
Much that never then saw the light of day now is splashed across newspapers, TV screens and the internet.

And if JBR is right and vigilante gangs takeover, how many innocents might suffer and how much 'overkill' might occur ?
Pure anarchy, mate.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top