Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:01 PM

Re: Chocolate

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My favourite used to be Lindt with Cognac but not many places stock it these days...
I think I'd just prefer the cognac Meg
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:06 PM

I found some of that a few weeks back Pesta. Not the same at all. But thanx anyway.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:20 PM

Sorry to hear you're unwell Pesta.

Here's something to make to boost your system and kill off the bugs

Grab a whole lemon, preferably unwaxed but if not don't stress.

Slice it in half and use a lemon squeezr to get out most of the juice. Remove all the pips.

Now get a jug blender or equivalent and put the lemon juice and ALL the lemon skins in there. So in effect the ENTIRE lemon is in there except the pips.

Now get a chunk of raw fresh ginger about 2 inches square. Peel or cut off the outer skin and then chop it into 4 smaller chunks and throw that into the blender too. If you are feeling particularly brave throw in a garlic clove too !

Throw in a mug full of water, hot or cold doesn't matter and then blitz the whole thing up.

You will get a milky lemony liquid.

Pass the liquid through a sieve to filter out any remaining solids and put the juice into a suitable container to store in the fridge.

Make yourself a drink from this nectar twice a day, morning and night by treating it as a concentrate like orange squash.
i.e. Pour about 1-2 inches of the nectar into a tall glass or mug and fill it up with hot or cold water as desired. Add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten if you wish.

This will really boost your system. You'll get lots of Vit C and the pectin from the lemon skins will kill off any bugs and bacteria. The ginger as you will know has all manner of benefits.

Enjoy and get well soon
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Perhaps Tpin could come and rub some Vick in for you?
Keep him out of mischief for a while . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI22vpZ5ztQ

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:35 PM

Thank you for that realist, sweet of you

I will try that. I do occasionally make hot drinks with fresh ginger, mostly to calm my stomach.

I'm not very good with lemon - would a fresh orange be ok?

TBH, when I have sinusitis it goes on for weeks and weeks, especially in Autumn and nothing seems to have any effect. It's always been the bane of my life
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:40 PM

My old Mum used to swear by her bottle of smelling salts. It would blow her head off but it sure was efficient in clearing your head.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 10:40 PM

I adore chocolate liqueurs but only have them at Christmas.
My weekly treat is a bar of Cadburys Bournville dark chocolate - it's the best.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-10-2016, 10:45 PM

My weekly treat is a 200gm bar of Cadburys Dairy Milk. Always on a Friday and if i'm really lucky I have a little left over for Saturday while watching Strictly.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 11:03 PM

My favourite choccie bar atm is Galaxy salted caramel......so creamy and delicious...Ive got two bars of it in my fridge right now and thats soon to be one now
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 11:11 PM

I have just eaten a whole packet of Cadburys large chocolate buttons, I think I'm addicted to them, in fact anything made by Cadburys or any other chocolate manufacturer.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top