Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:08 PM

Re: Brexit is like ‘swapping three-course meal for packet of crisps’

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If that's part of a trade deal with the US we will be flooded with cheap chlorinated chicken and most will end up buying it. Our current standards will have to be maintained for EU exports. The uk will just end up with a mishmash of regulatory confusion.
Are we going to be forced to buy chickens from the USA at gunpoint, will we not be allowed to buy items produced here
They can send as many chlorinated chickens here as they like, it won't bother me I don't eat chicken

I am sure leaving the EU will not rob us all of our powers of reasoning and ability to make choices.
We set many of the standards that were adopted by the EU, I have no reason to believe our standards will fall when we leave.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Are we going to be forced to buy chickens from the USA at gunpoint, will we not be allowed to buy goods produced here
They can send as many chlorinated chickens here as they like, it won't bother me I don't eat chicken

I am sure leaving the EU will not rob us all of our powers of reasoning and ability to make choices.
Hi

The USA are insistent upon agricultural products being part of the deal.

We will not be forced to eat their stuff at gunpoint, but it will be in the food chain here, in meals out, processed foods, ready meals etc.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The USA are insistent upon agricultural products being part of the deal.

We will not be forced to eat their stuff at gunpoint, but it will be in the food chain here, in meals out, processed foods, ready meals etc.
That does't bother me Swimmy, I don't eat processed food or ready meals and when I have a meal out I can pin point which farm the meat comes from.

More people should do the same, if fewer ate processed rubbish and ready meals we wouldn't have an obesity problem.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:33 PM

Are we going to be forced to buy chickens from the USA at gunpoint, will we not be allowed to buy items produced here

We set many of the standards that were adopted by the EU, I have no reason to believe our standards will fall when we leave.
No we will be forced with a handshake and smile. You might not be affected but lots of others will buy them if they need cheap food.

Leaving the EU means being less fussy on trade deals so standards are bound to slip. It takes years to negotiate good deals. We don't have that luxury.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:49 PM

If that's part of a trade deal with the US we will be flooded with cheap chlorinated chicken and most will end up buying it. Our current standards will have to be maintained for EU exports. The uk will just end up with a mishmash of regulatory confusion.
Oh, and the sky will fall down!

Your constant threats and warnings don't affect me in the slightest, nor anyone else with their head screwed on.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Depends which bit of your anatomy your heads screwed on to ...

Don't take it personally, I couldn't resist it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-02-2018, 03:12 PM

No we will be forced with a handshake and smile. You might not be affected but lots of others will buy them if they need cheap food.

Leaving the EU means being less fussy on trade deals so standards are bound to slip. It takes years to negotiate good deals. We don't have that luxury.
'Cheap' does not necessarily mean bad, my lunch could be called 'cheap', soup made with locally grown leeks and potatoes and home made bread . Cheap can mean healthy.

We all have are own 'standards ' mine lean towards fresh and local whenever possible.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 03:18 PM

'Cheap' does not necessarily mean bad, my lunch could be called 'cheap', soup made with locally grown leeks and potatoes and home made bread . Cheap can mean healthy.

We all have are own 'standards ' mine lean towards fresh and local whenever possible.
That's great but a lot of the population doesn't have the luxury of access to cheap local produce. Cheap will mean all sorts of rubbish - we just had a thread about poor quality food in the US (ref twinkies)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

28-02-2018, 03:24 PM

That's great but a lot of the population doesn't have the luxury of access to cheap local produce. Cheap will mean all sorts of rubbish - we just had a thread about poor quality food in the US (ref twinkies)
It is not about 'luxury ' of 'cheap produce' ,a lot of the population are lazy and reach for the easiest option.
If more people got off their mobile phones and TVs and learnt to shop and cook properly the population would be a lot healthier.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2018, 03:27 PM

It is not about 'luxury ' of 'cheap produce' ,a lot of the population are lazy and reach for the easiest option.
If more people got off their mobile phones and TVs and learnt to shop and cook properly the population would be a lot healthier.
I agree with you Meg.

Maybe along with decent food, we can ditch all the inferior electrical items imposed by the Eurotwats.

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top