Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:39 AM

What Do You, Or Did You, Expect To Be Entitled To In Life?

In life, we should expect to have some entitlements, shouldn’t we?

Are we not entitled to expect, peace, quiet, freedom, happiness, respect, love, a job even? These are just a few examples of entitlement. What entitlements do you, or did you expect in life?

Maybe we are entitled to nothing?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Re: What Do You, Or Did You, Expect To Be Entitled To In Life?

A Retirement Pension!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Respect, somewhere to live enough money to live on without having to worry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:11 AM

I have never considered myself to be 'entitled' to anything.

That is the problem with many people these days, they think they are 'entitled' to things they have made no effort to provide for themselves.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:13 AM

Nothing. We have to earn respect, money to live on etc.

That's the way I was brought up, but now in the real world we have things like a state pension and the NHS, and I couldn't survive without them.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never considered myself to be 'entitled' to anything.

That is the problem with many people these days, they think they are 'entitled' to things they have made no effort to provide for themselves.
I would agree with Meg. Nobody should get anything for nothing so, if they really want it, they need to provide it for themselves.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:23 AM

There's only one thing I feel entitled to and that's retirement. I've worked my nuts off my whole life and I feel I am now entitled to "my time".

But....I've worked for this time, I've saved, budgeted, invested, I have never expected anything for nothing.

And in my case maybe, "entitled" is the wrong word, maybe it should be "deserve"
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Nothing that I hadn't worked hard for.
I consider having been a beneficiary in a couple of wills very fortunate but not what I was banking on by any means.

I too was bought up to earn what you want not expect it to be hand on a plate by the state.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:44 AM

I think my siblings and I were entitled to the inheritance we got from our father. When he was building up his horticultural business in the 50/60s, as children from the age of 8 we had to help out when required. It was very hard work indeed, and could be quite hazardous at times, health and safety was not thought of in those days
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2018, 10:50 AM

Nothing at all, as for helping hand grateful when offered so rare these days of selfishness.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top