Join for free
Page 9 of 29 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:32 PM

Re: Benefits of EU membership?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
£350 million per week x 52 = £18.2 billion.

But we get £5.5 billion back.

Sounds as good a deal as May's!
Still spouting the £350 million a week crap I see which has been discredited on numerous occasions, but then what can one expect?

This is wrong, it’s more like £250 million a week. In any case the impact on the economy from changes to trade after leaving the EU is likely to be far bigger than savings from the UK’s membership fee.

I suppose, on the plus side, at least you have recognised that EU migration, has and is a net benefit to the UK. A little progress then.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:50 PM

£350 million per week x 52 = £18.2 billion.

But we get £5.5 billion back.

Sounds as good a deal as May's!
Hi

The facts are here.

https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-7886

We have never paid the EU £350 million a week, even Nigel Farage distanced himself from that.

Leaving is not about the money, it is about far more important things, self governance for one

Leaving is going to cost us money, how long for depends on our Politicians and the deals they strike on our behalf.

Our biggest exports are services, not covered by WTO Rules.

This money is already going to the EU, an example from yesterday.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/busines...-brexit-looms/

We have lost the Tax from that, we will not be getting it back.

It is a price worth paying.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 12:50 PM

Wilde's definition of a cynic seems apt - a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The facts are here.

https://researchbriefings.parliament...mmary/CBP-7886

We have never paid the EU £350 million a week, even Nigel Farage distanced himself from that.

Leaving is not about the money, it is about far more important things, self governance for one

Leaving is going to cost us money, how long for depends on our Politicians and the deals they strike on our behalf.

Our biggest exports are services, not covered by WTO Rules.

This money is already going to the EU, an example from yesterday.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/busines...-brexit-looms/

We have lost the Tax from that, we will not be getting it back.

It is a price worth paying.
Perhaps it's worth telling that to Moscow, then, as he came up with the figure!

itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Perhaps it's worth telling that to Moscow, then, as he came up with the figure!

It wasn't me miss, it was him. How pathetic
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
He said he embraces our colonial past and present influence stemming from that, but does not think we should prop up dictators. Given our past was all about propping up and meddling to achieve our ends that's a total contradiction. You can't have one without the other. Unless you live in a fantasy.

It's great how people like to say that they want the good bits and reject the bad. If this demonstrates how we negotiate it's no surprise that the EU are sticking 2 fingers up at our proposals.
I never said that at all , but you're good at that, misunderstanding completely what is being said.

I used the word legacy..........go back and have a look.......then look up what legacy means, maybe look up the meaning of the word 'contradiction' whilst you are at it.

For all the bad aspects of colonialism there are many positives deriving from those times that are advantageous to the UK........and not one of those advantages involves propping up corrupt dictators such as you propose.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Still spouting the £350 million a week crap I see which has been discredited on numerous occasions, but then what can one expect?

This is wrong, it’s more like £250 million a week. In any case the impact on the economy from changes to trade after leaving the EU is likely to be far bigger than savings from the UK’s membership fee.

I suppose, on the plus side, at least you have recognised that EU migration, has and is a net benefit to the UK. A little progress then.

Ha ha..........you are so easy to wind up.....

Go back and re read my post.

I never said it was £350million per week.........I ASKED if it was that amount as I know that is the magic number to get Remainers all riled up.

Worked a treat!!

Anyway, at least you have accepted that the alleged benefit to the people of the UK of immigration is in fact a financial benefit to business people and other vested interests and paid for by the British Taxpayer to the tune of............

What was it again ? Did you say £350million per week??

Do remind me!

Maybe it was a wee bit less.

Either way, that would actually represent a massive net LOSS to the personal economy of the vast majority of British folk...at least you recognise that now
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by moscow ->
i never said that at all , but you're good at that, misunderstanding completely what is being said.
Moscow
Scotland

31-01-2019, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
It wasn't me miss, it was him. How pathetic
So funny when you realise how badly you misread my post......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-01-2019, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Ha ha..........you are so easy to wind up.....

Go back and re read my post.

I never said it was £350million per week.........I ASKED if it was that amount as I know that is the magic number to get Remainers all riled up.

Worked a treat!!

Anyway, at least you have accepted that the alleged benefit to the people of the UK of immigration is in fact a financial benefit to business people and other vested interests and paid for by the British Taxpayer to the tune of............

What was it again ? Did you say £350million per week??

Do remind me!

Maybe it was a wee bit less.

Either way, that would actually represent a massive net LOSS to the personal economy of the vast majority of British folk...at least you recognise that now
Yes, there's always someone ready to criticise, isn't there?

Page 9 of 29 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top