Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 08:59 AM

Style through the era's.

Of the 1950's I well remember the circle skirts with stiff petticoats underneath, Twin sets, poodle skirts & pony tails.

Of the 1960's it was shift dresses, mini skirts, bouffant hair and flower power hippy style dressing.

Of the 1970's - Jump suits, boob tubes, platform shoes, feathered hair

Of the 1980 all I remember is perms & padded shoulders...

Cant seem to remember any particular styles after the 80's.

Were there any?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:40 AM

Re: Style through the era's.

I remember the hot pants,maxi dress,mini skirt...those were the days.....Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 09:44 AM

Ah yes - hotpants ... Which era was that then?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 10:37 AM

I had Leather Hot Pants I thought I looked really sexy.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:08 AM

in the 90s fleeces were all the rage. Everyone was suddenly wearing hiking gear. Flares came back but they were called "bootcut". G-strings - when did they first appear? The 90s? Low rise jeans (my pet hate). Combat trousers - possibly the least flattering female attire since dungarees. The 00s had lots of lovely silky feminine tops with flowery designs and a low cleavage. Pretty cardigans. Men started wearing flamboyant shirts (inspired by Austin Powers). Then men's fashion went to those skinny leg trousers, not just in jeans but in suits too. Which I think look really good.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Ah yes - hotpants ... Which era was that then?
The 50s ...

I remember short trousers, blazer and matching cap.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
in the 90s fleeces were all the rage. Everyone was suddenly wearing hiking gear. Flares came back but they were called "bootcut". G-strings - when did they first appear? The 90s? Low rise jeans (my pet hate). Combat trousers - possibly the least flattering female attire since dungarees. The 00s had lots of lovely silky feminine tops with flowery designs and a low cleavage. Pretty cardigans. Men started wearing flamboyant shirts (inspired by Austin Powers). Then men's fashion went to those skinny leg trousers, not just in jeans but in suits too. Which I think look really good.
The 90s ...

Black was the new black, even the guys wore black shirts.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 11:25 AM

The "little black dress".
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

09-02-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The "little black dress".
Oh yes ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2020, 12:13 PM

Aahh, the early 70’s. I well remember having a wardrobe full of hot pants of every description. My favourites was a very expensive matching white see-through set with lilac and purple flowers on the top and matching hot-pants (definitely evenings only. respectfully, the hotpants were double lined but the top was see through.) also loved wearing suede hot-pants with bibs.
Of course the matching colour knee length boots were also a must.

I also remember often visiting Jean Machine in Oxford Street with my friends to buy our F.Us jeans. It was a unisex shop and we had to try them on in tiny cubicles with saloon type doors. We pulled the jeans up and then had to walk back into the shop itself for an assistant (always men) to pull up the jeans zip with a hook. (if you could pull the zip up yourself- no good, too big).There was only ever one huge mirror and that was in the main shop itself.

I also loved wearing the crochet mini-dresses. Also the mini-dresses with tassels.

LOL, Brings back fond memories.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top