Join for free
Page 4 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:27 PM

Re: Racism

Originally Posted by May ->
I don't like the Scots, beer swilling, foul-mouthed nationalists ... I would gladly give them independence tomorrow.

Is this post By Malcolm just a bit of fun then,and should We Scots on this Site just laugh it off?..I don't bloody think so.

Straight answer ... I can see why you might be narked but it's only the same as when I feel I've been called a Little Englander.
Yup .. laugh it off. What's the alternative?
No one on here can say anything disparaging about the Scots? I'd give you independence tomorrow too.
But if it makes you feel better .. have a moan about Malcolm .. oh, you have .. you are in this dedicated thread.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Comments like " I don't like the Scots, beer swilling, foul mouthed nationalists" Not racist? Of course it's racist. No question about it.
Damned right it is..but was anything done about it?..no way..it's still there for all to see.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Wasn't there a king of Scotland named Malcolm?
You could be right. I think he was the one who's keyboard was wired up to the mains by one of his online "friends"
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Straight answer ... I can see why you might be narked but it's only the same as when I feel I've been called a Little Englander.
Yup .. laugh it off. What's the alternative?
No one on here can say anything disparaging about the Scots? I'd give you independence tomorrow too.
But if it makes you feel better .. have a moan about Malcolm .. oh, you have .. you are in this dedicated thread.
None of the Scots Members on here have called You or any other Member a little Englander...but ok....You've had Your say as have I ...the difference being I won't go on and on and on as You seem to do...I don't moan...I leave it to the likes of the haters of everyone and everything They see as different from Themselves..sad bastards all.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:43 PM

My eldest nephew lives in Edinburgh,Doreen(his wife) is Scottish and Trevor`s mum was Irish/Scottish. I had a great Uncle who fled to Wales after it was known he had had an affair-I lived in a very Methodist little village. I`ve seen some odd comments about them all that I would consider `out of order` Yes racist I guess.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
No it's not okay in any shape or form.
It's not about Scotland - it's about Malcolm .

Racism although intolerable in most civil society, seems to be accepted on here - just go onto some of the Islam/Muslim threads it'll make your hair curl.
I begin to despair when people start to jump on the bandwagon ... and make the athletic leap from it's Malcolm (as a person) his views on things Scottish or .. stretching it here now to include other Islam/Muslim threads.

Are You REALLY saying the post I quoted by Malcolm is NOT racist?
You're asking the wrong person .. clearly others support you and believe it is, especially if they've reported him.
Me .. I'm just more reluctant to use the term racist.
Why? It's a pretty powerful word. It means someone is claiming victim status usually over a disagreeable view they don't like or find offensive and they want to shout about it. Fine. If that's how they perceive themselves who am I to try to change their mind set. It's a free country.
I just dislike lynch mobs and am reluctant to join one.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:45 PM

Exactly May, I am as English as you can get apart from a little bit of Irish 3 generations back but if you are up front and genuine I don't take any notice of your origin.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:46 PM

Despair all you wish.

Not sure why my post rattled your cage .... but hey ho.

You have to agree, if there isn't an argument on here you're not happy are you and start whining that it's all gone quiet because you've no one to throw your weight against.

Probably end up in the trash can now!

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I begin to despair when people start to jump on the bandwagon ... and make the athletic leap from it's Malcolm (as a person) his views on things Scottish or .. stretching it here now to include other Islam/Muslim threads.

You're asking the wrong person .. clearly others support you and believe it is, especially if they've reported him.
Me .. I'm just more reluctant to use the term racist.
Why? It's a pretty powerful word. It means someone is claiming victim status usually over a disagreeable view they don't like or find offensive and they want to shout about it. Fine. If that's how they perceive themselves who am I to try to change their mind set. It's a free country.
I just dislike lynch mobs and am reluctant to join one.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Not sure if you having a go at me , im at a loss of what to think of your post to me .
Eliza ,why did you think my post was "having a go" at you ?
No it wasnt in the slightest ,im sorry if you thought that or if it came across in that way ...please accept my apologies ...I was only trying (and failing miserably) to reply to your post and in no way meant you to think I was having a go at you.

Sorry
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

15-09-2016, 05:48 PM

None of the Scots Members on here have called You or any other Member a little Englander...but ok....You've had Your say as have I ...the difference being I won't go on and on and on as You seem to do...I don't moan...I leave it to the likes of the haters of everyone and everything They see as different from Themselves..sad bastards all.
But May .. you are going on and on.
And I'm sorry if my posts appear as though I seem to go on and on. Tell me next time if I threaten to exceed my allocated quota of posts on a thread will you.
I'll shut up now ... I'd hate to risk been called a sad bastard.

Page 4 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top