Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 02:10 PM

Re: How many expats do we have here?

I heard in the news today about another hotel, two in all whereby the Cablido is taking action to have parts or both buildings demolished.

It seems that a developer has taken it upon himself to just add on. There are strict guidelines in Lanzarote due to size and height of buildings.

Although I agree in part it will cause a heck of a mess during the peak season.

Lanzarote Cablido warned developers last year that they will be demolishing partly or oversized property.

It be interesting to see if this happens
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 02:59 PM

Illegal builds are a problem all over Spain I think. More than a few illegal builds have been knocked down. Frequently these days there is a little plane that flies over taking photographs, then the photos are checked against properties to see if planning permission has been obtained for extensions, swimming pools etc. It's cost a lot of people a lot of money.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 03:37 PM

Hi Clumsy. They are red hot at the moment. One hotel is the best in Playa Blanca. All the empty builds are now being refurbished and looking a lot better.

We are supposed to be having a huge new harbour in Playa Blanca to take all the cruise liners. Been put off 2017 now x
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Yaiza or Volcan?
Goldielocks
Spain

13-04-2016, 07:05 PM

? Yaiza probably x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 08:04 PM

Hi all

Yes, it was Goldielock' thread that made me think of this.

A section for anyone living abroad - whether permanently or semi-permanently and a place where those who have already done it to post tips, warnings, help etc

Think we probably need a few more tho
Goldielocks
Spain

13-04-2016, 08:28 PM

Hi Azz

We are called adventures. Took the bull by the horns and took the plunge
Goldielocks
Spain

13-04-2016, 08:31 PM

Property Sales Up For February

According to a report just published by the National Statistics Institute INE, property purchases in Spain went up by a whopping 15.8% in February in relation to the same month last year.

A total of 34,771 transactions took place during the second month of the year; the highest number of purchases in any month over the last three years.

In January, the number of property sales fell by 2.9%, putting an end to the 16-month positive streak during which purchases had increased annually each month.

However, with February’s figures, it seems that January was just a blip and property sales will continue on their upward path.

On a month-upon-month basis, property purchases increased 7.3% in February in comparison to January’s figures. Taking into consideration the first two months of the year, numbers are up 6% from last year.

The rise in property sales has mainly been attributed to the excellent figures regarding the sale of second-hand or re-sale property, which has enjoyed positive statistics for the last two years.

A total of 26,941 re-sale properties were sold in February, the highest amount since April 2008.
Goldielocks
Spain

13-04-2016, 08:33 PM

Spanish Big Brother Is Watching Internet Rentals

The Spanish tax agency has said that it will be checking publicity including on the Internet for letting of holiday properties.

In a bizzare dicotomy they warn that if you have received any rent then it should be declared just like any other income even though short term lets on the islands are supposedly illegal.

Controlling the undeclared income from rentals is one of the principle objectives of the tax office and amongst other measures, they are actively checking water and electricity bills for supposedly empty properties as well as publicity in all kinds of media, including social networks, Internet sites as well as in print.

The Tax Agency is busy obtaining rental data, noting that popular real estate websites such as Idealista or Airbnb are not providing information to the authorities.

Nearly half (49.03%) of all home rentals in Spain, some 1.3 million properties, are not declared to the tax authorities. Of these, the vast majority are rented out to third parties, while 367,059 are provided free or for a low rent to a relative.

Fraud is being committed, says the Tax Agency, with officials noting that in 2008 55% of rentals went undeclared.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->

I always find it a little strange when people say they don´t mix, or don´t want to mix, with other ex pats from their own countries. People are people, whatever country they come from, some nice, some not nice, some downright objectionable. We are lucky here where we live, we have a very mixed community, many different nationalities and on the whole everyone gets along, apart from our English neighbours on one side who have managed to fall out with everyone around, but you find people like them everywhere you go.

Really?
What is the main objection Brits have about immigrants?
They dont mix, they dont assume our culture, our way of life and our languge. The huddle together in their own little groups and bring all their own culture with them expecting us to adapt to them.

So what is the difference when someone who has lived in a country for nearly 30 years tells you she always goes 'home' to the dentist because you cant trust the bloody forigeners? Is the rule different for ex-pats?
Or the fact that they all drink in the same pub or that half of them still dont speak the languge but go round yelling at people in English as if they are slow in the head.

One Scottish woman actually gave her reason for moving here as 'because they pour big measures of vodka'

Would I mix with these people if I still lived in the UK? NO..
So why would I do so here?
Because they speak my native tongue?. Thats just not a good enough reason for me and besides I made a choice to move.
Its my job to learn the ways and culture including the languages of my host country.

If you are part of a nice mixed community its fine but not all ex-pats are nice, some are just downright awful.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top