Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 12:04 AM

Re: WASPI and Voting

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
What if, as has been suggested, they equalised men and women at 63?
That wouldn't help women at all. Women have never had equality and a-sexualising the pension age is not the way to achieve it. Women have to take time out to have kids and usually put their career on hold, then in their later years they end up the prime carer to parents, spouse, kids. Why is that contribution not counted as extra work = extra pension years?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Whilst I appreciate and have participated in some of the foregoing discussions, I would sincerely appreciate a return to my original post .....

Are you (or your partner, if you are a male) affected by the change in retirement age?

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday
Yes - I was affected by the change in retirement age and my pension was delayed by 3.75 years. Fortunately I'm better off than many but it has meant I've had to continue working to make up the difference.

As regards Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women..........I (as previously stated) have always been a staunch Tory voter but have become increasingly disillusioned by the tories and am aghast that someone like Boris - who was allowed to base his Brexit referendum on a fundamental lie - is the head of the Tory Party. Everything I hear about him turns me against him (I've come to the conclusion that he is corrupt to the core), so I've been looking at other candidates recently. The tactical vote here is Green, but in many ways that's a waste of my vote and the labour candidate has an outstanding reputation - which is extremely important for the island and it's residents. So I've been looking at Labour - the way Corbyn can answer questions intelligently while other candidates huff and puff their way to an answer which doesn't address the original question. Corbyn has been head and shoulders above Boris on just about everything in this campaign.
When I heard that Labour was offering the WASPI women compensation - that confirmed my choice - but it wasn't fundamental to it.

If anyone wishes to criticise my views - please do so in a way that invites discussion. One worded dismissal is not only pointless but extremely rude and ignorant (are all the Scots like that?).
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Yes - I was affected by the change in retirement age and my pension was delayed by 3.75 years. Fortunately I'm better off than many but it has meant I've had to continue working to make up the difference.

As regards Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women..........I (as previously stated) have always been a staunch Tory voter but have become increasingly disillusioned by the tories and am aghast that someone like Boris - who was allowed to base his Brexit referendum on a fundamental lie - is the head of the Tory Party. Everything I hear about him turns me against him (I've come to the conclusion that he is corrupt to the core), so I've been looking at other candidates recently. The tactical vote here is Green, but in many ways that's a waste of my vote and the labour candidate has an outstanding reputation - which is extremely important for the island and it's residents. So I've been looking at Labour - the way Corbyn can answer questions intelligently while other candidates huff and puff their way to an answer which doesn't address the original question. Corbyn has been head and shoulders above Boris on just about everything in this campaign.
When I heard that Labour was offering the WASPI women compensation - that confirmed my choice - but it wasn't fundamental to it.

If anyone wishes to criticise my views - please do so in a way that invites discussion. One worded dismissal is not only pointless but extremely rude and ignorant (are all the Scots like that?).

People are generally living longer thanks to improvements in health care drug development and lifestyle choices. WASPI women are voting like students by only voting on one issue - free stuff and by doing so, will be bitterly disappointed when they realise they have been conned by Corbyn (again). You can bet your life there will be no reimbursement of the pension money, or if there is, it will be taxed to death so you in reality, receive nothing.

The amount of money being offered to the WASPI women is greater than the annual defence budget - and that's if you get it, because like most other labour pledges, this will just be another aspiration and will only be delivered if you vote for them for a second or third term. By then, the country will be on its knees financially and its economy trashed.

If you think Corbyn will give you a refund, quite frankly, your going to be kicking yourself in 6 months time.

Corbyn is a con man.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 11:46 AM

Hi

Boris is also a con man.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Do away with this benefit based only on age. Instead deal with people's needs using means tested Benefits.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Do away with this benefit based only on age. Instead deal with people's needs using means tested Benefits.
On th a basis who would you expect to pay into the fund?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
People are generally living longer thanks to improvements in health care drug development and lifestyle choices. WASPI women are voting like students by only voting on one issue - free stuff and by doing so, will be bitterly disappointed when they realise they have been conned by Corbyn (again). You can bet your life there will be no reimbursement of the pension money, or if there is, it will be taxed to death so you in reality, receive nothing.

The amount of money being offered to the WASPI women is greater than the annual defence budget - and that's if you get it, because like most other labour pledges, this will just be another aspiration and will only be delivered if you vote for them for a second or third term. By then, the country will be on its knees financially and its economy trashed.

If you think Corbyn will give you a refund, quite frankly, your going to be kicking yourself in 6 months time.

Corbyn is a con man.
My decision to vote labour was made prior to their announcement of compensation for WASPI women.

Boris is a thorough-bred liar. He believes he's part of an elite and often behaves like some upper-class Eton schoolboy tripping on spice! Somehow (and unbelievably) he's also vain and thinks his mop of dirty-looking hair is charming! He has some extremely dangerous friends and will always believe that anyone not from his (upper) class, really doesn't matter. Every deal he does, will include a deal for him personally and HE has already widened the gap between the have's and the have nots.
How many homeless people do you want on the streets? Look how he's insulted European residents today. He's ignorant and vile!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2019, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
My decision to vote labour was made prior to their announcement of compensation for WASPI women.

Boris is a thorough-bred liar. He believes he's part of an elite and often behaves like some upper-class Eton schoolboy tripping on spice! Somehow (and unbelievably) he's also vain and thinks his mop of dirty-looking hair is charming! He has some extremely dangerous friends and will always believe that anyone not from his (upper) class, really doesn't matter. Every deal he does, will include a deal for him personally and HE has already widened the gap between the have's and the have nots.
How many homeless people do you want on the streets? Look how he's insulted European residents today. He's ignorant and vile!
I think you will find the beard is much, much worse than Boris Johnson. Just look at his history and track record.

So far it's taken 10 years to recover from the last labour disaster. Imagine what it will take after Corbyns premiership, something nice to hand down to the grand children to pay off, and their kids ....

Everyone knows a vote for labour is a vote for austerity further down the line.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top