Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:41 PM

Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

Do you have or are you retired from a profession, a trade or some other occupation in which you have accumulated years of experience, expertise and knowledge? If so how do you feel about sharing that here?..Do you have no problem with it or are you reluctant to share these things because you either don’t want to appear to be a “know it all” ? Or you don’t want to have to reel off your resume to anybody and everybody who wants to dispute what you say when you really are only trying to help. How about when somebody is assertively stating something that you know to be patently wrong. Do you keep your mouth shut or do you correct them : civilly or otherwise. Genuinely interested in what people think.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:54 PM

Re: Your expertise/ experience/ knowledge.

Certificates have now gone paperless, thank God.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:02 AM

I was an electrician so I can rarely show off my expertise on here.Just my opinions on other stuff.And then, not always.It all depends on whether I feel strongly enough about it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 09:41 AM

My occupation for most of my working life was a domestic electronics repairs engineer (CRT TVs - video recorders - radios - record players - audio tape players). All dead technology now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 09:54 AM

Do you have or are you retired from a profession, a trade or some other occupation in which you have accumulated years of experience, expertise and knowledge? If so how do you feel about sharing that here?..Do you have no problem with it or are you reluctant to share these things because you either don’t want to appear to be a “know it all” ? Or you don’t want to have to reel off your resume to anybody and everybody who wants to dispute what you say when you really are only trying to help. How about when somebody is assertively stating something that you know to be patently wrong. Do you keep your mouth shut or do you correct them : civilly or otherwise. Genuinely interested in what people think.
'Jill of all trades here'
I rarely dispute anything these days, if I give an opinion take it or leave it , if others disagree the world won't end.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:13 AM

My knowledge of London Party Venues made me shedloads throughout the 90s, till google finished me off.

Now, in retirement, photography & cameras gives me plenty to ponder
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:23 AM

The topics I see on this site tend to be about tabloid stories, who can dispute them?

Lets talk about Canon vs Nikon, Olympus vs Panasonic, are Leica lenses worth the extra money?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:27 AM

Being a retired builder, most of my experience/knowledge/skills are all on the practical level, so not much use on here I'm afraid...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:53 AM

I only know about horses .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:46 AM

My first, and truest love is cooking and baking. I began learning the craft when I was 16, working in New Orleans. I am never so happy as when I'm in the kitchen.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top