Join for free
Page 6 of 505 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 08:24 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

This is worrying as I will be in Hong Kong next week albeit just one day in transit .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 09:05 PM

2 Confirmed cases of Coronavirus in France today.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
But Realist says not to worry...so that's allright then

Not what I said at all.

I said that you need to be aware of the "war on your health" that is all around you hitting you in multiple ways and to get yourself armed and ready for those onslaughts by boosting your immune system, eating the right foods, not eating sh*t foods and so on.

Our health is our responsibility now, nobody else's.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Personally since I stopped having the flu jab in 2012 I pumped up my immune system and have not had an infection since.

Excellent to hear Longfellow. That imho I how it should be.

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
So I reckon I will be okay although my GP does not think so.

Your GP makes a huge part of his yearly profits from selling flu vaccines, so he/she will always want you to have one despite all the peer reviewed studies and data that prove they are next to useless.

We can never avoid catching viruses, many are airborne. So we have to get our bodies in a good state to be able to fight them when they arrive and we need to learn, beforehand, what things you can do, what foods, herbs you can take to combat such viruses. Preparation is key.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Not in the least bit phased or worried about the latest "campaign of fear" and flu bug. We've seen this all before repeatedly as others have highlighted. Just an excuse for pharmaceuticals to shift more drugs.

This isn't flu Realist. The trouble is the timing with Chinese New Year.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Excellent to hear Longfellow. That imho I how it should be.

Your GP makes a huge part of his yearly profits from selling flu vaccines, so he/she will always want you to have one despite all the peer reviewed studies and data that prove they are next to useless.

We can never avoid catching viruses, many are airborne. So we have to get our bodies in a good state to be able to fight them when they arrive and we need to learn, beforehand, what things you can do, what foods, herbs you can take to combat such viruses. Preparation is key.
Realist this isn't flu and there's no vaccine. I didn't think Sars had a vaccine either. So I'm not sure of the big pharma link here. However, in terms of viruses we are better off all round avoiding catching them. With some viruses it doesn't matter how much you try to be healthy because you will still contract it. In the case of this virus it's not the young and healthy avo on toast eaters who need be worried, it's people with underlying conditions and compromised immunity.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 01:20 AM

Coming soon to a city near you!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2020, 02:11 AM

Hopefully it will be contained Savvy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is worrying as I will be in Hong Kong next week albeit just one day in transit .
Hi

Hong Kong is now at it's highest level of emergency, , airport still operating.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2020, 06:13 PM

Apparently one of the deaths was a young guy in his thirties who was in transit in an airport. So wear a mask.

Page 6 of 505 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top